Android One phones incompatible with Samsung smart TV ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have tested 2 phones - one HTC and another Xiaomi running Android One up-to-date OS. Both devices are not able to find Samsung Q60 Smart TV when trying to screen cast. All the devices (phones and TV) are connected to the same WiFi network and are fully updated to the latest versions of software.
The TV is working perfectly though with Huawei running with Android 10. Also the HTC and Xiaomi are able to screen cast on Sony Smart TV. So it looks like Android One is not compatible with Samsung Q60 series smart TV, is that right ? And is there anything I can do to resolve this issue, except buying another phone/TV ?

Enriko1990

May 28, 2020
Visit site
B. Diddy, thanks for the reply. So is there any app or rooting option which transforms this "stock" Android cast option into one of which Samsung supports ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. If you can't find any definitive answer here, try the forums at XDA-Developers.com as well.

Your best bet may just be to get a Chromecast -- you should be able to get an earlier generation pretty cheap on eBay, and even the current generation isn't particularly expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol