Android OS

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Im guessing I got something on my phone that isnt acting right :(
especially since my phone has only been off the charger for about 7hrs...

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea something is without a doubt not right. When I had my Nexus even before the 4.0.4 update the OS wasn't that bad. Over 5 hours of awake time out of 7 is way excessive.

I wish I could remember the name of the app everyone recommends to check battery use and wake locks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea something is without a doubt not right. When I had my Nexus even before the 4.0.4 update the OS wasn't that bad. Over 5 hours of awake time out of 7 is way excessive.

I wish I could remember the name of the app everyone recommends to check battery use and wake locks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Better Battery Stats should help, as should Watchdog.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I did recently install a few, but uninstalled them all yesterday... maybe one of the ones I updated... ???

Ill try the batterystats app...
may even just do a factory reset since it has been 6 months of lots of app downloads :)
Im sure my battery life will over double if I do....

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I did recently install a few, but uninstalled them all yesterday... maybe one of the ones I updated... ???

Ill try the batterystats app...
may even just do a factory reset since it has been 6 months of lots of app downloads :)
Im sure my battery life will over double if I do....

A clean slate never hurts!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
yep... right after getting 4.0.4 the 'android OS' moved way down the battery usage list... but just in the past day or so, something is causing it to be back up top....

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my wife's did the same. So I updated G+, logged her in, then disabled G+ updates and auto picture uploads. Then did a reboot, and haven't noticed android OS high again. (yet)

Reactions: dcastillo