Android P (Dev Preview 3) -- Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine has failed to install twice now

Mine also failed twice. Both times it was right at the end of step 1. Third time was a charm, although step 2 seemed to take forever, but that was to be expected as I saw a number of comments about step 2 taking quite a long time.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the clock on the status/notification bar displayed with "seconds". I've lost this in the DP3 OTA update. System Tuner UI is no longer available o change the time format. ANyone know how I can get it back? TIA
If it's available there must be a new trick to activate it - the old steps don't seem to work.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Mine also failed twice. Both times it was right at the end of step 1. Third time was a charm, although step 2 seemed to take forever, but that was to be expected as I saw a number of comments about step 2 taking quite a long time.
Yeah mine failed right at the end of step one/beginning of step 2 and then worked the 3rd time as well. Step 2 didntake a little longer than usual.

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's on the always on display. As I said, mine would work for a while then disappear on DP2 but come back by uninstalling Google app updates, but in DP3 I can't seem to get it to work at all.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Things I have noticed. My LBC radio app now works as intended. Yippee!! And despite Barclays Bank claiming not to support beta software, I can now login to my bank account using the Barclays app!! So already winning with this update. Seems stable so far.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my "HiYa" call blocking app doesn't work but worked before today's update. No biggie, but curious why now and not before.

Read somewhere the "camera laser sensor" is available in dev options since "P". Checked there and see it is enabled by default now. Not exactly sure what it does.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Things I have noticed. My LBC radio app now works as intended. Yippee!! And despite Barclays Bank claiming not to support beta software, I can now login to my bank account using the Barclays app!! So already winning with this update. Seems stable so far.
Yes, Barclays UK stated that their banking app would not be sorted til the official P release(tossers) but it now seems sorted with this new update

falexander115

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Nope, nothing! The only way into my app drawer is to disable 'Swipe up from Home button' and use the old method...

Last edited:

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Weather isn't showing on the lockscreen for me. Not sure what's up with that, would be awesome if it would. I had a heck of a time getting this running. I had issues with the stable June update so I did a factory reset for the third time and signed up for the beta again. Could not get this to setup on wifi, would not let me go past the wifi screen, I could log in, but not move past it and I couldn't get it to forget the network. Was able to reboot into safe mode and get through it, reset again and just used mobile data for the initial setup and got through it.

The brightness is weird. Almost blinded me this morning but got really dark after that. Otherwise it seems pretty solid and is running fine. Going to give this a couple days and see how it goes.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The issue seems to be with the Launcher. The 'Swipe up' works in Pixel Launcher, but not in Nova. Is there a Nova setting that will help with this?

That was my next question which I probably should have asked first....if you were running a launcher. I have Nova but I don't use it with Pixel.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The issue seems to be with the Launcher. The 'Swipe up' works in Pixel Launcher, but not in Nova. Is there a Nova setting that will help with this?

If you have Nova Prime you can enable Gestures to do what you want. I was able to use swipe for recent apps and two finger swipe for app drawer. Not the same exact thing as Pixel but it works. You can also use others gestures instead.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice the volume buttons only control media volume and not ring? I can toggle ring between on (current volume), vibrate and silent but can't change the level. Am I missing something? Pixel XL.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I press one of the volume buttons and a small menu pops up. Then touch the settings icon and there is all volumes settings. I actually like this and have gotten used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol