Android Pay on Note 3?

Luscombag

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I received the email from Google about Android Pay and the new Google Wallet Apps. I have searched and I cannot find a list of incompatible devices for Android Pay like there was for Google Wallet (Galaxy Note 3 was one of them)... Does anyone know that when Android Pay goes Live, will it be compatible with all Android NFC devices? Namely the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I suggest a little reading of the article this site posted. Here's the relevant part

Android Pay will work on all NFC-enabled Android phones running KitKat and above, on any mobile carrier in the US. Credit and debit cards from American Express, Discover, Visa and Mastercard will all work with Android Pay, and you will be able to use the service at over one million locations. Some of these locations include Panera Bread, Office Depot, Toys R Us, GameStop and many others.

Here's the link to the article. Android Pay is rolling out starting today | Android Central

erikemp

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T Google play also says my note 3 is not compatible. Now I have no way to use my loyalty cards.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What version of Google Play Services is installed on your devices (both of you)? Until my phone (a Moto X) updated to 8.1.15, Android Pay didn't show up as an update. I installed the 5.1 update on my phone earlier this week, took a couple reboots after the OS update for the Play Services update to appear/install.

fmoral18

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
It's happening to me too, i'm on the T-mobile Note 3. I updated to 8.1.15 and even updated the play store but it still says it is uncompatible....then, when i installes the apk for android pay and I try to open it, it closes and says "Android pay is unavailable" :/

Luscombag

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I figured this would happen. They couldn't find a way around the phone carriers' locks with Google Wallet. I got excited when people were acting like it was a dumb question, but it just got my hopes up. As you can see, I went to the Play Store from a PC so it wasn't tied to my carrier, logged in so it knew my devices.... No go.

Attachments

• 20150919_104154.jpg
    20150919_104154.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 32

Norbu Fnu

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
same here note 3 tmobile everything updated, says device incompatible with this version. downloaded android pay apk file from apkmirror website when opened it says android pay is unavailable so i thought its because rooted then i ******* unrooted it even ******* reinstall stock rom clean Os then tried android pay same **** incompatible. i ******* lost all the apps and files and Time... i badly needed this android pay....i'm so pissed right now

napashooter

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm not happy either, but I think the issue with the Galaxy Note 3 (regardless of the carrier, rooted or not) has to to with HCE; from what I can tell it doesn't have it and its needed for Android Pay. Since I'm new to this forum, I can't paste links, but you can google "Welcome to the Android Pay Help Center" and look at the 1st result....then go to the "Get started with Android Pay" and they state "You'll need an Android phone running Kit Kat (4.4) or higher. Your phone also needs NFC and HCE support."

I'm no expert, but if anyone figures this out let us know. I wasn't planning on getting a new phone, but I really wanted Android Pay and my Note 3 could handle almost anything.

Norbu Fnu

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
you got sharp eye.... i never saw anything saying HCE i don't know even know what it is. googled it. its just something to do with security purpose which lacks on tmobile & at&t note 3.

Norbu Fnu

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
you got sharp eye.... i never saw anything saying HCE i don't know even know what it is. i googled it. its just something to do with security purpose which lacks on tmobile & at&t note 3. it happned on google wallet too tap & pay didn't work. i even contacted them. they have no idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83