Android Pie recent update - Android Auto stopped connecting

paramsinghvc

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
After a recent Android Pie patch update on my OnePlus 6, android auto stopped working with my Hyundai Verna 2019 model. I have tried the following steps

1. Turned off the previously turned on Developer options and USB debugging. Although, it was working earlier with these enabled.
2. Rebooting and re-installing Android Auto app, all permissions are given.
3. Connecting the car through Bluetooth first and then connecting Android Auto through wire.
4. Tried connecting another Android phone and it works. Apple carplay also works fine.
5. Tried with another wire as well. I have tried with Oneplus 6 official charging wire and it doesn't work.

When I connect the USB cable, it says on the car infotainment system that "USB is reading device" and then it says "Phone is not responding".

Also, when I try to change the option under "Use USB for" under "USB Preferences" from "No data transfer" to "File transfer" or any other option in that list, it selects it but after a second, it goes back to "No data transfer" which is why probably Android Auto is also not connecting.

Mobile: OnePlus 6 (A6000)
Android Version: 9
OxygenOS version: 9.0.8
Build Number: ONEPLUS A6000_22_190801
Car: Hyundai Verna SXO 2019

Can anybody help?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Most likely the update of your phone broke it.

But, before you try a factory reset, try remove the car from your Android Auto app and also from your car side so that you can start a new pairing process.