Android Q beta 3 Android Auto

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
All righty, so after I installed beta 3 last night, this morning I was excited to actually test out my Android auto in my Accord sport 2.0 t because I haven't been able to use it at all in a little over a month due to their system basically crashing in my car completely! I first plugged it in via USB and it seemed like it loaded up correctly, other than the fact that my navigation buttons weren't down the bottom. I unplugged my phone and replugged it back into my car and it did load successfully Google maps start to load play music loaded etc etc when I got to my destination, I went to unplug my phone and I could barely recover my phone screen again.. I had to basically present home power button and volume down and do a fast boot quickly which I shouldn't have to afterwards I attempted to reconnect my phone via USB to my car frame to it auto and it says Android Auto not recognized I restarted my car a few times but I'm not quite sure what else to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure if this is a bug with beta 3 or something with my car now. Thanks for any suggestions though!
f88eb5b1f7804bf43494839c179cd311.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried reverting to the last stable production OS release to find out? This is one of the risks you face when using beta releases on a daily-use device...
I have not. Other beta 3 users Android auto works fine. It started to work fine but then went to the screen. No matter how many times I plug unplug and replug my phone back into my car via USB I get that screen. I'm trying to think if I'm missing something in developer options or something. Android Auto did start up fine for the first time in a little over a month though in my car. I understand there are some frustrations with a beta, but I was hoping that with the beta 3 build this massive Android auto issue that I've been experiencing would be fixed. If it's not, I'm going to submit another bug report to Google of course and go from there!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think what I'm also going to try to do later is delete my phone out of my car completely in reinstate everything all the settings hopefully that'll help a little bit.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Open AA app on the phone. Go to settings->manage connected cars. Check if your car is under the rejected list. If so, you will see the screen you posted in OP and all you have to do is remove the car from that list and start over with initial setup if pairing.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I tried that this morning, and unfortunately I it didn't fix the issue. Thanks again though for the suggestion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos