Android stuck on version 5, should be able to get 7. How to update manually?

ZoobyDooby

Feb 17, 2022
Visit site
I have an s6 edge plus (SM-G928A) that's running android 5.1.1 which is the stock version that ships with the device, but when I check for software updates via android or Samsung Smart Switch they both tell me I have the latest version. The s6 edge + should support up to android 7, which I need to download a specific app, but I just can't find out how to get it installed when the update tools tell me it's not available. Is there any way to manually update to the latest samsung supported version of android for the s6 edge +, given it has virtually zero support from modders so I don't think I could get any other version working anyway.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Honestly - it's not worth the effort to only go as far as Android 7. Google is no longer supporting that version and most apps will not work. Find a device running a newer OS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's the AT&T variant, and they're notorious for requiring the phone to be on AT&T's network in order to get the official update. You could get a cheap prepaid AT&T SIM card for one month and plug it in, which should allow the phone to be updated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95