Annoying popup "check network connection and try again"

A

AC Question

I have an LG g3 and lately when I am playing any game that uses data I get a black popup with a picture of a cloud with a sad face and a message saying "check network connection and try again". It pops up pretty regularly. I haven't installed any new apps and I've checked all the apps that are running. I can't click on the message it just pops up and disappears. Any help would be great. I have a screenshot of it too.

Thanks!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess you have tried rebooting/restarting your device? Have you tried turning on airplane mode and then turning it back off to have your phone re-aquire it's signal?

Chris Parsons

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like more of a Google Play Games issue to me, though, Google doesn't offer a dashboard to track any outages that may be happening with Google Play Games or anything like that. How long has this been happening?

Jonathan Sauter

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I get it all the time when walking and connected to LTE downtown. Doesn't seem to do it as much elsewhere in the city. Initially thought it was caused by LTE to wifi transitions but it doesn't always seem to be the case. Haven't figured out what app is causing it. Nexus 6P, main branch on nougat. I initially was on developer release before I upgraded to the main release.

Pop up message Lg 3 - Album on Imgur
Here is the screen shot. it started about 3 weeks ago and I don't recall downloading any new apps. I also have checked running apps and I don't see any games or apps that shouldn't be running.

Paul Whitney

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Fixed on my LG v10 by doing a "network settings reset". I was on my way to a full reset when that option came up. I found it on my phone as follows:
Settings -> General -> Backup&Reset -> Network settings reset.

Did that yesterday and haven't had a recurrence (yet:). Hope this helps.

Jaccs808

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Same thing with S7 Edge. Tried to reset network settings but didn't work. When this pops up, I can't send/receive texts.
I also have errors with my pictures in my gallery. Can't view them. This phobe freezes all the time too. Definitely not worth the money.

Very frustrating!! 😡

Soharang

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded all the apks in my device and tried binary search, finally I found this annoying toast popup comes from Pinterest app.
I just deleted it and there's no more problem now.

Lucky Duck1

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I have an LG g3 and lately when I am playing any game that uses data I get a black popup with a picture of a cloud with a sad face and a message saying "check network connection and try again". It pops up pretty regularly. I haven't installed any new apps and I've checked all the apps that are running. I can't click on the message it just pops up and disappears. Any help would be great. I have a screenshot of it too.

Thanks!

Not worked. After reset, same thing happen.

Lucky Duck1

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

Thanks!

Now it shows Network Connection Failed...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1