Annoying volume controls on Android Pie...

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Download the Audio Profiles app. You can define volume levels for all parameters, and automatically schedule changes in profile, like the time you get to work, go to sleep, etc. There are also quick settings menu buttons. I have had for years, and it's amazing. I rarely even touch my volume rocker.
I hate that there aren't volume profiles. I like a low volume for work (because vibrate doesn't always alert me), loud in the car or when out and about, medium at home.

I've been searching for a new one. The one I used to use doesn't work in pie. Is this it? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fnp.audioprofiles

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Android for years and I absolutely hate this change. Should be an option in system setting to set a default what what you control when there is no active media playing. OR, BETTER YET, change it back to the way it was. I'm not hating on change. Change and progress are fine. But I do HATE this change. Why on earth with nothing playing in the foreground or the background would I prefer to change to volume of the nonexistent audio? Makes no sense to me at least.

YukonSavage

Dec 20, 2018
Visit site
100% agree with this! Another huge gripe I have is that the swipe down "Do Not Disturb" toggle silences EVERYTHING except the ringtone. I was at work with that mode enabled, and my phone RANG. WTF? How does that even make sense. Who wants to silence everything except their ringtone?

Bullerd1

Dec 24, 2018
Visit site
I have Huawei just upgraded to Pie. Same problem. HOWEVER you can change the volume default in settings and back to old way of working. Yay! Do you Pixel guys have this option in settings?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have Huawei just upgraded to Pie. Same problem. HOWEVER you can change the volume default in settings and back to old way of working. Yay! Do you Pixel guys have this option in settings?

Welcome to Android Central! Nope, the Pixels don't give the option to go back to the old way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
At least the pixel 1 and 2 let you keep the 3 button navigation......I won't be trying the gestures until I'm forced to lol.

Yeah, I agree (although personally, I think I'd end up getting used to the gestures pretty easily).:)

Alan mc keown

Sep 2, 2019
Visit site
I don't like the way they changed this setting either, it was way better the other way in oreo, if you have nova launcher you can set up and NOVA SHORTCUT WIDGET on any page to bring you straight to all the volume levels with one touch, that's why I done, it's so handy

ks2problema

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have no issues. I get to work and instead of holding down on volume I simply tap the vibrate button and done.

Clearly, you're the only one in this thread who feels the way you do.

Question: are you offering your opinion as an Android user or as a moderator on an Android Central forum?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Question: are you offering your opinion as an Android user or as a moderator on an Android Central forum?

Although it's a bit clunky, I really have no problems with the volume control either, and I'm offering this as both an Ambassador and a regular guy.:)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Lol? Are you responding to something from 2018 to try and start something that was never there?

Yeesh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21