another annoying sms bug

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'll check a text then reply then close the app, then on my home screen it will still say I have new messages but it's just the message I just sent that shows as a new message. Anyone else?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
First I will ask the obvious, have you applied all updates?

I was experiencing this problem before the last update. I found that the text only showed unread (after a already read and replied) if I retrieved it from the pull down notification bar. If i retrieved it from the lock screen icon or the icon on my home screen it would show as read. However, it seems to have been fixed for me after the 2.3.4 update

sent to you in three dimensions

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'll check a text then reply then close the app, then on my home screen it will still say I have new messages but it's just the message I just sent that shows as a new message. Anyone else?

Mess app>menu>settings>Notifications>Sent Notification>uncheck. :D

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
First I will ask the obvious, have you applied all updates?

I was experiencing this problem before the last update. I found that the text only showed unread (after a already read and replied) if I retrieved it from the pull down notification bar. If i retrieved it from the lock screen icon or the icon on my home screen it would show as read. However, it seems to have been fixed for me after the 2.3.4 update

sent to you in three dimensions

I am updated to the latest version, yes.

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem too but it doesn't bother me. I dont text as much and when I open up the message it goes away

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've also been experiencing this from day one.. If you get a text, hit the icon, tap the new text with the "1" still on it, do whatever then back out to your home screen, the "1" will still be there..

dplcj

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I've also been experiencing this from day one.. If you get a text, hit the icon, tap the new text with the "1" still on it, do whatever then back out to your home screen, the "1" will still be there..

I noticed this too if I leave the messaging app too quickly. I learned to use the back button instead of home after sending a text. Hit that only once and wait on the all messages screen until the unread messages count updates. Otherwise it still shows the same unread message count from before I opened the app.

Last edited:

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
thank god. i thought i was going crazy... glad to see it's not just me. it has happened to me since I got the phone and through every update since. please post if someone has a patch or fix for it!

SirWill

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by Wiley_11
Mess app>menu>settings>Notifications>Sent Notification>uncheck.

I think you are missing my point..

How is he missing the point? If you uncheck that box do you stop getting those notifications? I know I don't get them.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
How is he missing the point? If you uncheck that box do you stop getting those notifications? I know I don't get them.

I don't get them either. The only time I still had notifications after I had read a message was after I installed Handcent and Google Voice and forgot to change the settings so that only Handcent would notify me.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this too if I leave the messaging app too quickly. I learned to use the back button instead of home after sending a text. Hit that only once and wait on the all messages screen until the unread messages count updates. Otherwise it still shows the same unread message count from before I opened the app.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

I have the same problem. If I use back to got back to the all messages screen then after about 1.5 seconds the unread message will switch to read. If I hit back twice really fast (like a double click) to get back to the home screen, then it still shows an unread message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberus