Another customer to T-mobile? (from VZW)

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but I still like T-Mobile. As someone who travels abroad, the international service is a big win. And at work I get great coverage, much better than Verizon. T-Mobile has been very good for me.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Switched from Vz to tmo three months ago and overall I'm satisfied. I say overall because of the signal issues. I live in NYC metro area and signal is good here but once you go rural, you lose a lot of coverage. Over the summer I and wife went to Lake George in NY and for the whole weekend the only connection with the outside world was when we were on WiFi... Absolutely no coverage up there.
But the cost savings compared to Vz more than make for the occasional dead zone when travelling into really rural areas.

The panda has spoken

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Made the call Friday to switch, ordered the V10 and should have it Tuesday. I have noticed my data speeds on VZ have been dropping and have been on 3G more than normal. I'm in DE and hope the coverage is decent, last year TMO only had 2X where I live, now they are said to have LTE, guess I'll find out. Fingers crossed

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Made the call Friday to switch, ordered the V10 and should have it Tuesday. I have noticed my data speeds on VZ have been dropping and have been on 3G more than normal. I'm in DE and hope the coverage is decent, last year TMO only had 2X where I live, now they are said to have LTE, guess I'll find out. Fingers crossed

Does the area in question on the map have customer backed coverage symbol (Hexagon with an exclamation point)? If so, you should be fine. If not, be careful.

gibbga

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Switched from VZW about 2 weeks ago and so far, so good. I've been very pleased so far actually. The only reason I had not switched yet (been w/ VZW for about 15 years) was poor coverage in rural SE TN where my family lives. However, the Tmo coverage map recently began showing 4G coverage being fairly extensive in my hometown now. So, I decided to give it a go.

I got to test the 4G service there when I visited over T-giving. Everyone warned me, the Tmo map lies, don't believe it, etc, etc, etc. To my surprise, Tmo blew it out of the water and that map of the area was dang near perfect. I kept my VZW line active during the trip too because I didn't want to lose my current contract until I knew how Tmo would work out. While that was the reason, it gave me a great opportunity to test the coverages against one another. I spent a good bit of time at a hospital in the town next door and Tmo had 4G compared to VZW w/ 3G. At my parent's home both had 4G though a speedtest showed Tmo w/ a 4 to 1 speed advantage. So, I definitely felt better about cutting off the VZW siphon from my wallet.

Last edited: