Another September update.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the last to get it!

AT&T branded Note20 U on AT&T.

Still on ATH3 with August 1, 2020 Security patch.

Should I try to clear cache? Can't recall how or find steps.

Any other suggestions on how to tickle the system to update?
T Mobile unlocked. No update.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Seems like the last to get it!

AT&T branded Note20 U on AT&T.

Still on ATH3 with August 1, 2020 Security patch.

Should I try to clear cache? Can't recall how or find steps.

Any other suggestions on how to tickle the system to update?
No tickles... "Patience" - AT&T is just agonizingly SLOW! I had really hoped it would be different with the new phone, being a brand new Flagship Product and all, but it appears NOT. The good news is, we're seeing AT&T Unlocked phones getting it a few days ago, so we shouldn't be much longer (He says hopefully)!

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update for unlocked T-Mobile.
d8681b2549d90f144ef67f39f2a23399.jpg

masterq1104

May 28, 2012
Visit site
my sprint note 20 ultra 5g can't connect to 5g anymore after the last September patch, and is on automatic, i just to get 290 mbps on 5g, not anymore

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issues with 5G.
Was getting a strong 5G signal in my area. I just did the software update this morning and since then no 5G.
My barbershop is located right underneath a 4G/5G antenna. I usually would get over 100mb speeds there but today I barley got 20mb. Highly upset right now. (Sprint/T-Mobile)

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder if MAYBE they're trying to actually PROTECT us from these larger issues[.] That would be nice[.] I'd rather wait than lose my 5G[.]
That's sometimes the case with carrier delays. On one of the Notes within the past few years, there was a firmware update to a new Android version that completely broke the compass until a subsequent update a month later. I was glad that T-Mobile refused to pass that along to us.

Usually, though, there seems to be no reason apart from a slow carrier process. I've been manually installing N986U1 updates as soon as they're online, and I haven't had any problems. I've been on the latest (ATI5) since Monday. (If the bootloader changes so I won't be able to revert, I usually wait a few days before updating to see if there are reports of widespread problems.)

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
That's sometimes the case with carrier delays. On one of the Notes within the past few years, there was a firmware update to a new Android version that completely broke the compass until a subsequent update a month later. I was glad that T-Mobile refused to pass that along to us.

Usually, though, there seems to be no reason apart from a slow carrier process. I've been manually installing N986U1 updates as soon as they're online, and I haven't had any problems. I've been on the latest (ATI5) since Monday. (If the bootloader changes so I won't be able to revert, I usually wait a few days before updating to see if there are reports of widespread problems.)
I remember that Compass issue - can't remember if it was the very beginning of the Note 9's life or the end f the Note 8 cycle, but it was totally flukey!!!!

(Checked back - It was the Note 9, February, 2019 - a Major OneUI Update caused it!)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332