Answer call lock screen.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have EB01 + superclean 2.4. Maybe this is a dumb question and im too blind to find the actual setting, but....

When people call me, im prompted with the puzzle lock screen. How do i change that? Before I flashed, i was able to have the AOSP slide screen, where to the left is answer and you can slide it to the right to pick up the call.. and to the right was the reject button.

i want that back. How do?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have EB01 + superclean 2.4. Maybe this is a dumb question and im too blind to find the actual setting, but....

When people call me, im prompted with the puzzle lock screen. How do i change that? Before I flashed, i was able to have the AOSP slide screen, where to the left is answer and you can slide it to the right to pick up the call.. and to the right was the reject button.

i want that back. How do?

i want it back too. but alas, no. it is what it is, atleast for now.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
With SC 2.4 go to Settings>Display Settings>Unlock Screen

You should have 5 options, AOSP is the 4th one down.

This is broken in SC 2.4 for me... The AOSP unlock is there but its actually the normal slider, and when a call comes in it shows the puzzle unlock anyway. If i set it to "glass unlock" the unlock screen is this kind of dumb "drag this thing any which way to unlock" and the phone unlock is the "drag from left to right to answer, and from right to left to reject" slider style.

The epic unlock is broken (at least for me) since any tap of the menu key when the screen is lit cancels the lock (all the other locks dont do this). The rotary unlock uses the puzzle unlock for incoming calls, and the Puzzle unlock is, well, the puzzle unlock.

And that concludes this tour of the many confusing, broken unlock screens that make up SC2.4.

Last edited:

sbrissen

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Currently all the lockscreens use puzzle to answer calls except glass lock, this will hopefully be resolved soon. The menu button to unlock the phone is not a bug or broken it is a "feature" that is built into the lockscreens and happens on more than just the epic unlock. Some like it (including myself), some don't, it can be disabled with a single line of code but it was not.

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll be waiting for rotary to come out then! It's my favorite out of the 5

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Currently all the lockscreens use puzzle to answer calls except glass lock, this will hopefully be resolved soon. The menu button to unlock the phone is not a bug or broken it is a "feature" that is built into the lockscreens and happens on more than just the epic unlock. Some like it (including myself), some don't, it can be disabled with a single line of code but it was not.

So you actually like it that its super easy to accidentally hit the menu button to unlock the phone, making the whole lock screen itself pretty much pointless? Diff'rent strokes, I guess.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The funniest thing is, my Epic unlock has no problems, but the rotary and asop can be unlocked with the menu key. Wierd.

zarguy

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've just got my new Fascinate on the 3/08, rooted & installed EB16 SC 2.8.
When it goes into locked mode & a call comes in I don't get the puzzle (which is the lock I chose), but Green answer & Red ignore. Hitting Answer does nothing. I've missed the 2 calls that came in when locked. Am I doing something wrong or is the phone messed up?

BTW, what is AOSP?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen