Answering calls from watch

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
After the latest update, can you answer calls from watch? . How is the experience?.

Posted via the Android Central App

You can and it works great. It is a simple process to open the call once it comes in. The sound is better and clearer than you would expect and the people I was talking to said I sounded loud and clear.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Good to know that. I am waiting to update from my gear 2 and don't want to miss on this feature.

tobian

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Great news. What about watch connection with smartphone by WIFI? If I left my phone at home in WIFI area can I answer calls on my Huawei watch when it will be connected to WIFI ? Will it work also good?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
One of the things that bug me about the experience is that the watch overrides other Bluetooth devices for phone calls. So instead of hearing callers through your Bluetooth headset or car speakers, you're stuck with the watch, which isn't the loudest.

Jguffey

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Mine is hit or miss. About half the time when I swipe from the watch the audio is through my watch. Other times it just answers the call from the earpiece on the phone. Very annoying, have to restart the watch then everything is fine. I may switch to the 3g Gear S2.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine is hit or miss. About half the time when I swipe from the watch the audio is through my watch. Other times it just answers the call from the earpiece on the phone. Very annoying, have to restart the watch then everything is fine. I may switch to the 3g Gear S2.

I have the same experience. And it's really fun when you answer on the phone, and the watch keeps ringing...and ringing....

Having the speaker on really hasn't turned out to be what it was hyped to be.

Jguffey

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Exactly! If watch didn't look so much better than the competition, I would have sold it already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord