Answering incoming phone call

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had me pixel 2 XL for about a month and was immediately upgraded to Android Pie, so this is all I know. When my phone rings while in my pocket and I pull the phone out, it always picks up before I can fully remove it from my pocket. This never happened to me on my Note 5. I can't figure out if it's a setting, or something I'm doing wrong. Ideally I would like to look to see who is calling before answering the call. Any thoughts? I put the phone in my pocket with the screen against my leg.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is likely the result of a "ghost touch". Let me guess - you put the phone in top down? As you drag the phone out of the pocket it drags along the pocket lining and somehow grabs a touch sense from your leg. It actually shouldn't do this as the screen shouldn't be on while in your pocket. I don't see a pocket detection setting, does your proximity sensor work (screen turns off with the phone to your ear during calls)?

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
This is likely the result of a "ghost touch". Let me guess - you put the phone in top down? As you drag the phone out of the pocket it drags along the pocket lining and somehow grabs a touch sense from your leg. It actually shouldn't do this as the screen shouldn't be on while in your pocket. I don't see a pocket detection setting, does your proximity sensor work (screen turns off with the phone to your ear during calls)?

I think you're right on the top down position. I haven't checked on the proximity sensor when on the phone but I think the screen turns off. I will have to investigate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield