Any fix for HTC Sync Manager leap year issue

A

AC Question

Have tried to sync my HTC One with Outlook using HTC Sync Manager and the events show up one day later in the phone than they were created in the Outlook calendar. A live chat with HTC customer service resulted in them saying there is no fix planned and I should just manually enter events into my phone calendar. Absolutely ridiculous as leap years are predictable and if this is the reason behind the problem, it will affect all users of HTC Sync Manager. Anyone know of an alternative sync software or how to get the HTC dingbats to fix their software? Thanks

Scillydreamer

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue and have just finished a live chat with HTC. The unofficial solution that the agent gave me was to create a google calendar and sync outlook to the google calendar and then sync google with HTC phone....he assures me this will work but was anxious to say it was not an official work around. I pointed out that using another calendar was NOT a solution and asked when HTC would be fixing this. He escalated the problem to technical department who told him it was a known issue with the latest HTC sync manager that "they are working on" but could give no ETA for a fix. Apparently I should keep checking for HTC sync manager updates!

Utter madness.....how difficult can it be? As you say we know when leap years are going to be and I believe the problem only occurs in appointments from Dec to Feb running into a leap year. Definitely considering a change of phone as I use outlook and the phone for my business and can't afford to turn up to appointments a day late. :mad:

CarstenPoulsen

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You could also consider the extent of the issue:
The issue appears only in January and February in leap years.
That is 2 full months in a 4 year period or 2/48. That is only 4% of the time.
Why should HTC or android care about a problem that is periodical and only that little.
It solves itself in March and we forget all about it until 2020 where we have new phones anyway.
Look out for sarcasm.

DJHeath

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Same here. My business depends on Outlook and HTC Calendar being synchronized from both calendars daily and remaining in sync is vital for both my team and our customers. HTC seems to think we use these things as toys to fiddle around on facebook, twiddle or what ever. NO HTC this is real business and your inexplicable (even feeble) excuse that you are looking at it is just simply very bad for business... your business as well as mine!

jimbobsblackberry

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Since I bought my new HTC phone on December 23 I have spoken to numerous HTC "customer service" personnel (in Colombia I was finally informed) who followed the script until I became increasingly assertive and got the problem to "Level 2" escalation department (In the Philippines I was told). Of course, they can only communicate with each other by email, so Level One has no idea what Level 2 is doing, Today I spent another 53 minutes on the phone and a chat with a "supervisor" who promised (again) that i would receive a call with an answer tomorrow (they are not good at keeping their callback promises). 15 minutes later I was called by someone at Level 2 who said they have been working on the issue and would have a Sync Manager Update fix by the end of the month, possibly next week. I am not holding my breath. I am still doublechecking my phone calendar with my Outlook Calendar every day so I don't miss any other important appointments.

jimbobsblackberry

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Today, Jan 28, when I hooked up the phone to my computer and the much awaited Update started to download. It appears to have resolved the issue with the calendar items from my Outlook calendar being set a day later on my HTC Desire 526. This took over a month from the day I got my phone and first noticed it and reported it. It was apparently a problem that existed four years ago. From the inability to think for themselves and their strict adherence to the script written on their computer by someone even less knowledgeable, to the inability for Level One to communicate with Level Two except by email, HTC customer service is in need of an upgrade.

nigelparkinson

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi there. I am in dispute with Vodafone who SOLD me my HTC phone that doesn't work. I have mailed them several times requesting a replacement handset as I am a business user and a "working" calendar is business critical to me and they refuse to accept any responsibility - constantly advising me to take the matter up directly with HTC. I have reminded them that if I purchased a Panasonic TV from Curry's and it stopped working due to a "software issue" that I would be asking Currys to replace the set rather than trying to negotiate a fix with Panasonic and they refuse to appreciate this. The last mail I had was today from the Directors office - asking me if I wanted to post them my phone so they could try and fix it....and if they couldn't fix it they would send it to HTC????? This is a known HTC issue and as far as I am concerned it's up to Vodafone to FORCE HTC to write the software fix - I have no sway with HTC - they couldn't care less about me as a consumer but surely if Vodafone's CEO were to email them and INSIST they write a fix otherwise Vodafone will stop selling their phones then someone would take notice???? This is yet another case of a HUGE corporation failing it's customers, upon whom it relies to make the HUGE profits they post. Anyone who is with Vodafone and who is having this problem with their HTC handset can email the Vodafone CEO - he HAS to respond to direct emails - if you would like his direct email address please let me know. In the interim it is my intention to publish this issue via social media in an effort to make someone solve this problem so that I can get on with my life. In fairness, if we can send a rocket to the moon then surely it's not too much to ask for a mobile phone manufacturer to fix such a simple problem???

Bill M3

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I installed the latest update for syncing on my HTC One M8 , but this did not correct this issue and has also blanked out the categories on my calendar in addition to deleting appointments. I will not be forgiving of this when it comes to renewing my phone.

nigelparkinson

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I have just been offered a new phone from my service provider because they appreciate that this is an unacceptable issue. I envy you if your diary is so empty you can afford to be without it for 2 whole months!

mickthewelder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
After several hours of hair pulling it started to become apparent the problem lay in the USB cable from M8 to PC.
I rooted through my rubbish and found the original cable and it done the trick. Unusual but its true. Across the Internet there must be thousands of folks reporting this problem and HTC never put it on their website ( or maybe they did ) that using an alternative cable might not work.
I hope it works for you also.
Mickthewelder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463