any gtabbers defecting?

chrismartel0817

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone getting a new tab with the xoom and slate coming out? I still have about 12 days to return my tab and I am getting a little bit torn over this decision.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been too. I am waiting until the device is in my hand that way all the variables like price and speed can all be ironed out. The SGT 2 looks nice too and should be introduced soon. Would like some pricing and a release date though. Feb 13 at MWC from what I've read.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Anything over 7" is not an option. I take my tab everywhere and carry a dumbphone. I just installed 1 Click Lag Fix and its really fast. Very impressed. I will probably get the tab 2 on day one. Samsung is ahead in the game have already released a tablet with the tab 1.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Anything over 7" is not an option. I take my tab everywhere and carry a dumbphone. I just installed 1 Click Lag Fix and its really fast. Very impressed. I will probably get the tab 2 on day one. Samsung is ahead in the game have already released a tablet with the tab 1.

How much do you think Tab 2 will be? From the specs it wont be cheap and with the Xoom pricing I ain't holding my breath. But your right 7" has been an excellent size.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I am currently looking at the Dell Streak 7. The only thing I don't like about it the screen res. I have a cousin who is an engineer at Dell and works closely w/ this product line. Call them today and they are going to go start to the source and see if Honeycomb is coming to that device officially. That might sway me. I really like the 7" tab. 10" is to big for me to carry on deployments

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Navy or Marine? I was Navy and I don't think 10" would be very nice in the rack. Boy that doesn't sound good.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
600 to start is my bet.
How much do you think Tab 2 will be? From the specs it wont be cheap and with the Xoom pricing I ain't holding my breath. But your right 7" has been an excellent size.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
600 to start is my bet.

I would be all over $600. If its announced on the 13th when would I be able to put my hands on it? I've got about 12 days left to figure this out and return this or keep it.

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I am gonna give the xoom a few months to come down in price and then get one, will keep my galaxy tablet, but its too laggy for me. I think the the tab needs some serious reworking on its code

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
What deployments do you guys go on? Unless you're on a large cutter like the Midget going to the Gulf. We had to help the Midget limp to port in'99 I think it was. You west coast?

Officer or enlisted? I am going to assume enlisted since you have size constraints and most officers have state rooms. Either way good luck. I don't miss those days.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
What deployments do you guys go on? Unless you're on a large cutter like the Midget going to the Gulf. We had to help the Midget limp to port in'99 I think it was. You west coast?

Officer or enlisted? I am going to assume enlisted since you have size constraints and most officers have state rooms. Either way good luck. I don't miss those days.

We go on deployments to where we are needed. I was on a ship like the midget. I am a senior chief ET. I get my own stateroom but right now I am on a land station but heading to a ice breaker located in Seattle. I have been on the west coast since 2000.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
We go on deployments to where we are needed. I was on a ship like the midget. I am a senior chief ET. I get my own stateroom but right now I am on a land station but heading to a ice breaker located in Seattle. I have been on the west coast since 2000.

I was a First Class Machinist Mate. In the boiler room. Worlds apart! The stateroom is better than the old rack huh? You might want to think about that 10" in that big stateroom. Is it a bunk with one other? That's how some were. Come to think of it E7 - E9 had a normal berthing. It was some Department head E9's and the ships LCPO that got staterooms.

Anyways I usually don't BS on threads and hi-jack them like this but it looks like there are only 20 of us. Good luck Senior and keep those Sailors cleaning! I look forward to your help in these forums.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
We have staterooms for E-7 and above as out ships are a lot smaller. They would feel like pleasure crafts to you. Lol. When I first joined I was a fireman turning wrenches in the engine room. My next job will be back in engineering maintain 1500 sensors that run the entire engineering plant.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You'll feel like you're back home! So were you a converted IC man? Most sensors on Gas Turbine thought would be to low, but Navy combined IC and ET not to long ago. Thermal temps with low frequency not the usual high ET Stuff. Could be talking out my arse as its been 5 years! And I never touched GS. Boilers have similar temp guages. Not 1500 though! Unless automated I suppose.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
No we never had ic. Well we do have IT's the computer and telephone guys. That is one reason I wanted this ship as I will be working w/ state of the art automation. The opt22 sensors. I am automating by beer brewing setup now. I am such a tech geek. I just got the nook color for the wife for valentines day and I am gonna port honeycomb to it. Will let you know how it goes. I am still keeping my tab.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted to go with the xoom but I love the size of the galaxy tab. So far I have no issues with it other than it sometimes types slightly slower than I do. I can live with that though. If motorola (love my Droid X!)came out with a 7 inch I would likely look into it but until then Ill stick with this.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think the size of the tab is probably one of the best features. With all the new tablets coming out, I personally do not see a huge difference between them (other than screen sizes).

While some new ones will come with Honeycomb, it probably wont be long before someone finds a way to put honeycomb on the Tab. I am very happy with mine, and don't plan on switching unless something "really" better comes out.