Any improvements in the fingerprint scanner or software?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't hear anything about it... I would guess if there was an improvement, that Samsung would have mentioned it in the keynote

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if its any quicker or more accurate, but it has changed. It is lower profile and a slightly different size from last year.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I felt the Note 5 was an improvement over the S6, so hopefully they keep that trend going.

i agree. note 5 is noticeably better but still not close to the 6P..or iph6s.
it looks like the home button is a little bigger so that points to improvement.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
i agree. note 5 is noticeably better but still not close to the 6P..or iph6s.
it looks like the home button is a little bigger so that points to improvement.
I noticed the home button too. I think that should help. My iPhone is almost too quick sometimes, but if they can get close to that it will be great.

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
The scanners on iPhones and Nexus phones are amazingly quick and accurate so I hope Samsung nailed it too.

I agree but I think the fact that Samsung's home button is smaller than the iPhone's home button and smaller than the nexus finger print reader would make is not as reliable. I do have to say my Note 5 is pretty good tho

Posted via the Android Central App

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
they significantly improved the fingerprint software for the Note 5 and the S6 EDGE+ - the sensor works pretty much instantaneously. I think it's safe to say that they'll integrate that in the S7 / EDGE as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thundernuts