Any luck at your local AT&T store -today- (non pre-orders)??

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
So I'm continuing to hope I can pick one up tomorrow!

Seems like about 20% chance for tomorrow. 40% for Monday. 40% for Thursday.

Damn AT&T for not giving us any clarity at all!

I think the chances of tomorrow are at least one order of magnitude lower than your assessment.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Do any stores have a sample model to play with?

I went to an AT&T store today to see if they had a working display model (or at least a mock-up). They did not have one. The AT&T employee said the phone would be available for purchase in the store on the 27th.

I then went to Best Buy, Sprint, and a T-Mobile store to see if they had a mock-up or working display model. None of those stores had anything.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The reps at the store where I picked up my pre-order had a visit with the Samsung rep on Monday of this week. My GS3 was the second one they had seen and the only in the store.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
My AT&T store had cases when I picked up the one I ordered. I got a speck case. A gray one but it's better then nothing. I also got a screen protector.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I was at Costco yesterday and they had their cellphone booth for several carriers - they had marketing material up but no demo lol.

Fingers crossed for when AT&T opens in just over 2 hours.

QuantumPion

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new member here was lurking around before. On Friday the AT&T store told me the phones would be in today (Sunday).

Went in this morning, store said that the phones were delayed until July 10th. He said the phones were recalled because of a battery issue (I'm guessing related to that photo of the exploding GS3 going around). I asked if I could pre-order the phone, and he said he was unable to because it was entirely removed from the store for order temporarily. :(

Dunno how accurate this is, but that's what the store manager told me. :(

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been calling the stores this morning - one hasn't picked up 3 times in 30 minutes.

The other store told me they'd have them on Thursday (28th).

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new member here was lurking around before. On Friday the AT&T store told me the phones would be in today (Sunday).

Went in this morning, store said that the phones were delayed until July 10th. He said the phones were recalled because of a battery issue (I'm guessing related to that photo of the exploding GS3 going around). I asked if I could pre-order the phone, and he said he was unable to because it was entirely removed from the store for order temporarily. :(

You can still preorder online so not sure if that adds up.

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site

That rep may be telling you a lie. Any recall would be official and all current owners would be notified.

Reactions: LazrRocketArm

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I finally got the other AT&T corporate store to pick up the phone - both stores are saying the 28th. First time they've had the same story...it might mean something!

QuantumPion

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that does sound suspicious. Dunno why a store manager would specifically give me a later date though knowing that other stores would have it sooner and that he would lose my business. :confused:

colin8

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I called a store right outside of Houston and the lady told me that they would be getting them on either Wednesday or Thursday.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This is my first post here but since I will be upgrading from an iPhone 4 to an AT&T Galaxy SIII, I figured I'd make this my introduction. 2 AT&T stores told me to check back on the 28th(In line with everyone else here), while one told me they always receive shipments on Monday, and that it wouldn't hurt to check back then. Best of luck to everyone in their search for an SIII !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware