any one able to get more than a day battery life?

sp3ak

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
My signal is terrible where I work.

Posted via the Android Central App
My signal has never been great at work either but what has seemed to help me is to keep it on WiFi. You could also put your phone in airplane mode and only turn it off when you have a few minutes to check your phone. Well, I guess that only works if you don't really need to use your phone a lot during the day.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded to a Galaxy S7 Edge and, for a phone that has only 600 mAh over the Moto X, the battery life is phenomenal, or maybe my Moto X's is just bad. I get about double the battery life on my GS7.

I wondered why this was, so I've been comparing the two and I found that the percentage of battery the Moto X's screen uses is always so much higher than anything else, even with the brightness really low. Even if I unplugged my GS7 and used it straight until it died, the screen would never have the highest battery drain.

Normally I could get as low as 2 and as high as 3 hours SOT on my Moto X. My Galaxy S7 Edge gets anywhere from 5 to 6 hours SOT. All LTE on both devices, since I don't have Wi-Fi at home. Is the display on the Moto X really just inefficient?

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The Moto uses an IPS LCD screen which is an "older" technology compared to the AMOLED Samsung uses. The LCD will be brighter and much easier to see outside in the sunlight compared to the AMOLED. But other than the brightness issue, generally speaking, the AMOLED is better as far as gamut, contrast and efficiency. But all those advantages are useless if you can'e see your screen outside. I remember my Galaxy S4 was useless outside. I'm sure the S7 is better now...but the tech is still limited compared to LCD as far as brightness.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
The Moto uses an IPS LCD screen which is an "older" technology compared to the AMOLED Samsung uses. The LCD will be brighter and much easier to see outside in the sunlight compared to the AMOLED. But other than the brightness issue, generally speaking, the AMOLED is better as far as gamut, contrast and efficiency. But all those advantages are useless if you can'e see your screen outside. I remember my Galaxy S4 was useless outside. I'm sure the S7 is better now...but the tech is still limited compared to LCD as far as brightness.

My Moto X definitely gets brighter than my Galaxy S7 Edge, but I have no issues seeing my Galaxy S7 Edge outside. And even on the lowest brightness setting, my Moto X's battery life can't touch my Galaxy S7 Edge on the highest brightness setting.

But iPhones still get great battery life with LCD displays, so I don't see why the Moto X's should take up so much power.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
My Moto X definitely gets brighter than my Galaxy S7 Edge, but I have no issues seeing my Galaxy S7 Edge outside. And even on the lowest brightness setting, my Moto X's battery life can't touch my Galaxy S7 Edge on the highest brightness setting.

But iPhones still get great battery life with LCD displays, so I don't see why the Moto X's should take up so much power.

It's just the Android OS :) and I bet that Moto didn't use the best IPS (trying to cut costs).

VZW Moto X DE/N7

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine typically has around 55% left after 14 hours of use. That's better than I've gotten with previous devices I've had.

Same.

Unfortunately lots of reviews blasted this phone's battery life for some reason which I don't understand. The battery easily gets me into day 2 every day under normal usage since I've had it almost a month now.

tk42one

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I used to get a day and a half, but not anymore. Mine's been plagued by the dreaded Google Services battery drain. Now I get half a day if I'm lucky.

anon(96159)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Seems like from 100% - 90% decreases quickly and then it's starts slowing down from there. I get about 3.5 hours with heavy use for 8 hours. Doze really works when the screen goes off, barely any battery used.

iSnoopy 7e

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I can get 14-16 hours with 6 hours SOT. That's with 4G LTE on. Could MAYBE reach 7 hours SOT if i was on Wifi the whole time rather than 4G LTE

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is dismal, I can't make it to lunch without recharging mid morning. Here's my battery graph, notice that Wifi appears on all the time and the phone says that it's awake all the time - the WiFi setting was "Keep WiFi on during sleep - only when plugged in"; however the phone was not plugged in.

2016-04-18 01.07.50.jpg

So I changed the setting to Never, and this is my new battery screen shot:

2016-04-18 14.59.38.jpg

Wifi still seems to be on all the time, and the phone is still always awake.

Phone is Moto X Pure on T-Mobile, Android 6.0, system 24.201.3.clark_retus.retus.en.US.retus. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Dunc

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how it works , but my battery stats show wifi active at 3%. Yet my wifi is always on. SOT is always highest, usually 3 to 4 hours by bedtime. I easily go all day on a charge, but do not watch vids, do Facebook or game, the big 3 battery hogs. Also never have GPS on unless I need it for directions. On Verizon. Also I have wifi set to never scan for networks as I only use it at home.
You done a cache clean lately? I usually do one about once a month just as routine.

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
One shouldn't have to clear the cache - otherwise it would be in a normal menu somewhere. However, I've done it a half dozen times and it has no affect.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
One shouldn't have to clear the cache - otherwise it would be in a normal menu somewhere. However, I've done it a half dozen times and it has no affect.
I agree, shouldn't have to do it, but fact remains it frequently will fix a whole slew of various things. So doing it was no help then don't have to wonder.
Kind of sounds like your wifi is the issue or maybe a big part of it. As I mentioned I leave mine on 24/7 and it hardly ever shows up in the stats since it uses so little. It's a nice device so hope you get it sorted out.

Peacen1k

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is dismal, I can't make it to lunch without recharging mid morning. Here's my battery graph, notice that Wifi appears on all the time and the phone says that it's awake all the time - the WiFi setting was "Keep WiFi on during sleep - only when plugged in"; however the phone was not plugged in.

View attachment 224987

So I changed the setting to Never, and this is my new battery screen shot:

View attachment 224988

Wifi still seems to be on all the time, and the phone is still always awake.

Phone is Moto X Pure on T-Mobile, Android 6.0, system 24.201.3.clark_retus.retus.en.US.retus. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Dunc
Your problem is that your phone is constantly awake. What do you have running on it that keeps it awake all the time??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan