Any one else had the black screen seal come out on the Nexus 6p?

A

AC Question

Any one else had the black screen seal come out on the nexus 6p?

i pulled out my nexus 6p from inside a rubber case the other day to find that the black seal around the screen on the bottom right came out of the phone, and also chipped off. i inserted the leftover seal back into the phone in a panic. the damage is not so bad, but i have a bad case of OCD and love my phones to be perfect.

has any one else experienced this? or am i the only one?

Jihad Al Razqi

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Any one else had the black screen seal come out on the nexus 6p?

I'm the guest above who wrote the question, this is just so i can follow the forum

Al P2

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site

Yep. Same issue for me. Top right corner. 1.5 months old, it's been in Google case screen protector whole time. Pictures attached. Have contacted Google for a replacement.

i pulled out my nexus 6p from inside a rubber case the other day to find that the black seal around the screen on the bottom right came out of the phone, and also chipped off. i inserted the leftover seal back into the phone in a panic. the damage is not so bad, but i have a bad case of OCD and love my phones to be perfect.

has any one else experienced this? or am i the only one?

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

Yep. Same issue for me. Top right corner. 1.5 months old, it's been in Google case screen protector whole time. Pictures attached. Have contacted Google for a replacement.

Pictures not attached or unable to see them

*6P 64gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

tbrady8

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Yessir.. Just got off the phone with Google again for the 3rd time this has happened. (3rd effin phone I mean). It's in my opinion, due to the wifi antenna segments on the corners weakening the bond or something.

Maybe not but it has only happened to each of mine right where those antennas are. It's been 7 months since I received this one but the seal came out within 3 months. (Just like the other 2). I just didn't want to be that guy, calling for the same issue but then I thought, hey, I'm the one who spent $530 on a "Premium" phone (insurance & tax included).

Why shouldn't I get one that doesn't crumble in my hands? Not to mention the inconvenience this has caused.

It's such a letdown. They're def making it more difficult this time around. I really don't want to file a $79 claim when they previously sent me 2 unopened, brand spankin new ones for this exact issue twice. Why use up a claim on some design flaw that I guarantee most people aren't reporting because they aren't as concerned about keeping a flawless & like new device.

https://goo.gl/photos/zXZAkvRChw2Nxp1CA

Last edited: