Any Samsung fans actually like curved displays?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Seems like all I hear is how much people hate curved displays. They're fragile, give a fishbowl effect, not functional, poor palm rejection ect. Just wondering why we never hear from the other side?Are there folks that actually love or even prefer them? Let's hear from you, if you exist.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I love mine. I love the edge panels. Very happy with it, looking forward to the S8 series. I do think Samsung should have had a flat screen model also, keep everyone happy

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I like mine, makes the phone easier to hold and I like the idea of the edge display, and love the feature when u put the phone face down and the edges glow.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I liked the idea since they came out. However, a flat screen with edge functions wouldn't be bad. That's how my note 4 is thanks to custom roms.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
I didn't mind it at all in my brief stint with the note 7. It was so subtly I could barely notice it. I even missed it a little switching to the V20, mostly because it made the phone smaller than it appeared.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't looking forward to the Note7 having a curved screen. But, I found it to be very easy to hold. The S8 feels very similar. I don't love the S7E curves, but I don't hate them either.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy the curved screens as well. I was bummed when they made the S7 Edge so much larger than the regular S7, so I've stuck with my S6 Edge. I get that some don't like the curves, but personally, I was glad they made the regular sized S8 with the curved screens as well this year!

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
c'mon, man!

this is the internetz you're talking about here...all people do is complain!

when i first saw the S6 edge, i knew that was the one i had to get. i currently have the S7 edge and have an S8 on preorder.

i love the curved screen and i use a lot of the edge functionality. i wouldn't want it any other way.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am looking forward to the curved display. I have avoided them in the past as the cost didn't justify the value of the added features and appearance. Having received my Defender case, I am concerned having no stock screen protector.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I too loved my Note 7 display but once I had to turn it in, did not like the S7 Edge so ended up with a flat S7 Active. The S8/S8+, to me, appears to be more like the Note 7's display - less pronounced and smoother curves. I haven't held one yet but the pictures remind me of the Note 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali