Any way to disable or uninstall Samsung Messages?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to disable or uninstall Samsung Messages? I'm not seeing anything. Am I missing something?

I use a text messaging app called PulseSMS. If I don't disable/uninstall the other text messaging apps, I end up getting duplicate or triplicate message notifications in Android Auto. I've taken care of Google Messages but Samsung Messages seems stuck.

Thanks!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a way to back up Pulse ? If not i would leave it so can sync your messages otherwise https://www.packagedisabler.com/

Pulse backs up to the cloud, is encrypted, and has a Windows app. When I get a new device, it restores everything. It keeps all my Windows machines up to date so regardless of what computer I decide to use, the messages are there. Wait - I am starting to sound like an ad for Pulse.

Interesting. A subscription app to disable apps. Thanks. I'll check it out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Pulse backs up to the cloud, is encrypted, and has a Windows app. When I get a new device, it restores everything. It keeps all my Windows machines up to date so regardless of what computer I decide to use, the messages are there. Wait - I am starting to sound like an ad for Pulse.

Interesting. A subscription app to disable apps. Thanks. I'll check it out.
Lol..
Then u good with back up , this app does the job its small change to pay a year to help support the function of it otherwise need root access

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Turning off the notifications on the Samsung app doesn't help? I don't use Android Auto so I'm not sure if that would make a difference in the car, but that's what I do to the phone. I have both Samsung messages and Textra , but I only get notifications for Textra since I cut off the notifications for the Samsung app.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Turning off the notifications on the Samsung app doesn't help?.

That is such a good idea! I just turned them off. I never get double notifications on my phone. It's only in Android Auto. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member