Any weather app suggestions?

sbs8331

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For weather widget, I like Chronus: Lots of widget types, including Pixel 2, and several weather services. The downside is that it doesn't have its own weather details screen, but I just use the date hotspot to bring up the native app of the service I use (Dark Sky or Weather Underground for me).

I don't use 1Weather or Yahoo because of what I consider a major flaw in their forecasts: They show, not the forecasted low for overnight through the next morning (as do most media forecasts), but instead show the low for the 24 hour period from midnight to midnight, which is most often the low from the previous night (since the low temp usually occurs in the wee hours of the morning). You actually have to access the hourly forecast to know what the overnight low temp will be. In my view, they really need to change the structure to use the same forecast schedule as used by AccuWeather, Weather Underground, and Weather.com. Dark Sky is a little better in that its low is always the low from the previous night; still a little screwy but at least you can see what the low for the next morning overnight will be.

kel varson

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Using the Raycom Media weather app and the WeatherSentry app by DTN. Does what I need it to do when I need it. I don't get too consumed with weather unless it is going to be severe. I do prefer something that will follow me where I go so I get updated information.
One thing I wonder is where are all these apps getting their information? Do they have a meteorologist working and forecasting the weather?

May 8, 2013
Visit site
AccuWeather, I have been using it for years and it simply has everything I need and I'm comfortable with it. I've tried others but I always come back to AccuWeather, I do not know why. just familiarity I guess

Cinderbyte

May 24, 2013
Visit site
What weather app is everyone using?

Was flipping between WeatherBug & W underground, but feel like they were draining battery a bit for live radar. Went back to just using stock weather in Google news feed. If they would add a radar snapshot function to it I think I'd be set.

Click Savant

Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
Weather Timeline, using Dark Sky as the data source. I particularly like all the widget options (including display of real temperature alongside the "feels like" temperature) and the hour by hour forecast. It has a built in animated radar map and satellite imagery. It's "rain starting/stopping in x minutes" feature is remarkably helpful despite not being able to drill down to a specific neighborhood.

scorpio11

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Another vote for Transparent clock & weather! I love that you can have multiple locations and that it shows the current time for each location. I use the widget.

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
eWeather HD, pretty accurate. Beautiful layout, and graphics.

This! I've been using it since 2013. It's served my needs very well. It just keeps getting better.

It does a good job of keeping me informed both in FL and I've set it up for notifications on anything over a 1.5 earthquake at my home in WA.