Anybody get Alexa yet?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Even Siri seems to have forgotten everything.

How about self learning, let our PA's have at it with full access to digital information.

Dr. Watson anyone?

MicroZone

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I got it last week i think. I tried it a couple of times. It's every bit as useless here as on my Amazon Fire. I don't bother with Google Assitant much either. GA at least seems to function properly and doesn't just sit there staring back at me like a blank wall. I just cannot imagine any use for these assistants yet. It takes three tries to do something via voice that I could have just done myself. When we get to their end game of the computers on Star Trek, it'll be usefull. Now it's just a bother.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont have a google home or amazon echo so can someone tell me what alexa does that google assistant doesnt? Seems kinda silly to open an app when I can just hold the home button.

It's junk. It has less capacity than Google. You can't open it by voice command. And you're right about having to open the app as opposed to holding down the home button.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
It's listening. Recording. Learning. Everyone, its vicious, and has been tricked by TV ads, the front door audio system.

IoT is not being built secure first - instead Security is an afterthought.