Anybody here uses the Note 5 completely naked?

LiquidLearner

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: anybody here uses the Note5 completely naked?

I'm in Houston, so much like Hong Kong it was too slippery when transitioning between indoors and outdoors. First phone I've had a case on really. but I liked it better without.

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I did and of course it falls out of my coat as I was taking it off and into the floor. Have slight blemishes on the silver frame on the power button side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I did and of course it falls out of my coat as I was taking it off and into the floor. Have slight blemishes on the silver frame on the power button side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It's instances like that which get me all the time. Luckily it sounds like no screen or other damages other than the blemishes.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I am almost there. I have a Zagg Glass on the front, and a generic screen protector on the back.
But, I've also ordered the Ringke Slim Line case from Amazon...

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Armor protection all the way!!!!

Dam It's Feels Good To Be A Google Gangster

Armor protection is the worst, but nice to see you're rocking a note 5; thought you were strictly a nexus guy. Congratulations on your upgrade

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

I do. Bought it on launch day. Minor nicks on the edges, no scratches on the glass. IMO Samsung devices don't hold their value enough to sacrifice the aesthetics with a case. I'll enjoy it for a year, get a modest return once I sell and move on.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

What is the point of spending money on a premium finish and then putting it in a cheap plastic case. Isn't that like wearing an expensive outfit just to cover with a vinyl raincoat?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The point is protecting your $800 investment.

Posted via the Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

The point is protecting your $800 investment.

Posted via the Android Central App

I think a better point is enjoying just how thin this phone is. Holding that curved glass in your hand and admiring the way the sapphire black glistens a beautiful blue in the right light.

I'd rather enjoy my investment and protect it by treating it well than lock it away and hide it in some ugly plastic thing.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

In using it naked. No screen protector, but I do have a wood pattern dbrand skin on the back, only because it looks really nice and keeps the fingerprints away on the back glass. No scratches or blemishes anywhere

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Some like it naked .. some don't. I use my MXPE naked and so far am loving it :).

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I use a case and screen protector. Odd thing is I actually like the look of phones in cases with screen protectors. I have the white Note 5 with a black Tech 21 case and I love the look of the contrasting colors.

Note in my house!

fastpitch_dad

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well after being in the cold for a few hours yesterday and realizing how hard the thin phone is to hold as your hands get cold I've decided to use a black Incipio Dualpro for the winter

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Nope. No naked phone for me. I'm clumsy so I need protection for my phone. I don't care how pretty the phone looks outside of a case. All that pretty won't matter if I get the case of the dropsies and break my phone. Lol

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site

I had a case for mine that I lost about a month ago but I haven't even though about until I saw this thread. The phone itself is still flawless

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Same, but I go back and fourth depending on what I'm doing and how clumsy I feel that day!

But my biggest issue with using a case is it being tougher to use the headphone port and take the Spen out with many of them.

Also I just put my Spigen Hybrid Crystal back on last night because I've recently seen the results of a dropped S6 and a Note 5 in person and it wasn't pretty. Both owners had insurance, but I don't.

I only paid 300 for my note 5, but I'm trying not to fall into the this line of thinking "What we obtain too cheap we esteem too lightly" beacuse it'll still take 7 bills to replace it.

If or when Verizon has another asurion open enrollment I'll sign up and go naked all the time. Otherwise I'll wait a couple months & than roll case free!
We can't get Asurion any more?

I've never understood the thinner and thinner phones. I find all of them uncomfortable to hold without a case.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Same, but I go back and fourth depending on what I'm doing and how clumsy I feel that day!

Also I just put my Spigen Hybrid Crystal back on last night because I've recently seen the results of a dropped S6 and a Note 5 in person and it wasn't pretty. Both owners had insurance, but I don't.

I'm currently trying that case as well. I can't tell if the glass on the back of the Note 5 will survive if I drop it. The Neo Hybrid Crystal seem seem like a clear TPU case with hard plastic bumper... but then again, it's better than nothing. :)

The only case that I'm really confident about is the OtterBox Defender for the Note 5, but that thing makes the Note 5 feel like a mini tablet.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

We can't get Asurion any more?

I've never understood the thinner and thinner phones. I find all of them uncomfortable to hold without a case.

You can, but you have to get it within the first 30 days and I did the "upgrade trick" on a different phone line to keep my unlimited. And I believe the insurance follows the line and not the phone so I'm out of luck.

But if verizon ever has open enrollment for the insurance I'll do it then.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Your're right it's better than nothing... at least until I get insurance.

What sucks is that I've never dropped the 5 with the case on it (go figure), but I've dropped it twice on my hardwood floor and twice on cement at work while sitting down without a case. It slipped right out of my pocket. My heart stopped each time! I got lucky. No breaks or scratches! But it's not just slippery in the hands as it can easily slide out of the pocket as well. Certain cases truly do prevent slippage as well as protection from falls.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe