Anyone Contemplating Buying a Battery Case?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Look, this phone has the best battery I have every had, and it has stayed that way for the entirety of it. That being said, I am sucker for a battery case, even if it just is stored in my bag for the 2 days out of the year that I need it. Just got an email that said Zero Lemon has released theirs (7500 mAh) for $59.99. Also, a few brands are selling the same on Amazon (4700 mAH) for $39.99.

Just seeing if anyone was like me and had an addiction to these cases, even if they aren't needed or used on a daily basis. The links are below.

Newdery https://www.amazon.com/NEWDERY-Exte...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6452851

Zero Lemon https://zerolemon.com/collections/new-release/products/oneplus-6t-7500mah-battery-case

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I always like to have one on deck for special situations. That Zerolemon is waaaay to huge though. I may consider the smaller one.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I always have one on the phone, it makes these thin, fragile, slippery devices nice and chunky, less prone to curve screen random touches and easy to hold with my gnarly old hands. Oh, and the extra battery life is useful too... ;-)

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope, the battery life is fantastic and the fast charging is very fast. I don't need it nor do I want the bulk.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I always have one on the phone, it makes these thin, fragile, slippery devices nice and chunky, less prone to curve screen random touches and easy to hold with my gnarly old hands. Oh, and the extra battery life is useful too... ;-)
Which one did you go with?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to give a quick update on my battery case purchase.

Again, disclaimer, this phone absolutely does not need a battery case at all. I have rarely went to bed with less than 30% batter after an 18 hour day. I just am a sucker for having a battery case for road trips when I may not have a charging schedule, or for the zombie apocalypse.

I am huge fan of ZeroLemon products. I have had one of their battery cases for every phone I've owned. I have their Nintendo Switch case (which may be the best accessory I have for my switch BTW). I absolutely love the texture of their cases. It has that matte rubber rugged texture. I like how the size is symmetrical, as opposed to how they did LG G6 case where it was thick at the bottom (where the battery is) and then tapers off at the top. On this one, they have it the same size bottom to top, but you can feel that the top is just hollow because the batter is still only in the lower half. But I do think it makes the phone look better in the case. Also, the chin at the bottom has been drastically reduced than the G6 case that I had. It is extremely manageable. The buttons are some of the best tactile buttons I have had on a 6T case yet. Kind of weird that the charging input port is on the bottom left, that definitely isn't symmetrical, and having a USB output port on the right side around the mute switch is both the most overkill thing I've seen, and the coolest thing at the same time (nothing like telling an iPhone user, my phone is better than yours, and my case can charge your dead phone).

I totally understand this is an extremely niche, and now with the crazy battery life of the 6T entirely unnecessary option. With Dash Charge, and Dash Charge capable power bricks out there, plugging up for an hour to basically get a full charge is probably way better of a solution than wearing a battery case all the time. But there is something cool about knowing that I have the ability to survive 4+ days without needing any top off. Also, I can use it as a personal protection weapon.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to give a quick update on my battery case purchase.

Again, disclaimer, this phone absolutely does not need a battery case at all. I have rarely went to bed with less than 30% batter after an 18 hour day. I just am a sucker for having a battery case for road trips when I may not have a charging schedule, or for the zombie apocalypse.

I am huge fan of ZeroLemon products. I have had one of their battery cases for every phone I've owned. I have their Nintendo Switch case (which may be the best accessory I have for my switch BTW). I absolutely love the texture of their cases. It has that matte rubber rugged texture. I like how the size is symmetrical, as opposed to how they did LG G6 case where it was thick at the bottom (where the battery is) and then tapers off at the top. On this one, they have it the same size bottom to top, but you can feel that the top is just hollow because the batter is still only in the lower half. But I do think it makes the phone look better in the case. Also, the chin at the bottom has been drastically reduced than the G6 case that I had. It is extremely manageable. The buttons are some of the best tactile buttons I have had on a 6T case yet. Kind of weird that the charging input port is on the bottom left, that definitely isn't symmetrical, and having a USB output port on the right side around the mute switch is both the most overkill thing I've seen, and the coolest thing at the same time (nothing like telling an iPhone user, my phone is better than yours, and my case can charge your dead phone).

I totally understand this is an extremely niche, and now with the crazy battery life of the 6T entirely unnecessary option. With Dash Charge, and Dash Charge capable power bricks out there, plugging up for an hour to basically get a full charge is probably way better of a solution than wearing a battery case all the time. But there is something cool about knowing that I have the ability to survive 4+ days without needing any top off. Also, I can use it as a personal protection weapon.

+1 for Zombie Apocalypse preparedness. You can never be too prepared...

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
In the event of a zombie apocalypse I'm worrying about how many guns I can carry. My phone might get left behind ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85