Anyone else getting this daily (annoying) notification from Samsung Health?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure it was weird a recent update to the Samsung Health app but now I get a daily notification (on my GW6 only, not phone) that mentions activity goals and asks, "is today your day to meet them?"

I want to turn this notification off but not sure which category and don't want to just turn off all notifications from Samsung Health.

(see screenshot from watch)Screenshot_20231112_080108_sysui.jpg

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure it was weird a recent update to the Samsung Health app but now I get a daily notification (on my GW6 only, not phone) that mentions activity goals and asks, "is today your day to meet them?"

I want to turn this notification off but not sure which category and don't want to just turn off all notifications from Samsung Health.

(see screenshot from watch)View attachment 357465
Yes, & you are correct, it's annoying. It's coming through from the watch app I believe, as I have Samsung Health completely disabled on my phone by using Package Disabler Pro. (It's notifications annoyed me also. I guess I'm easily annoyed.) 😄

I disabled Samsung Health notifications for my Watch 6 Classic, which obviously ended the daily goal alert, but I know that's not what you want to do. I didn't see a way to disable individual notification categories for the watch app. It looks like it's just the one on/off toggle, but I'm still learning since my former watch 3 was running Tizen OS.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlblack16

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all, even if you don't have a solution to the problem. I guess it's just nice knowing I'm not the only one getting really annoyed with this daily notification. If someone does figure it out, please share.

On a different note, still pissed Samsung wouldn't let me preorder this 47mm GW6 Classic to come with the D-buckle hybrid leather in black, which made the most sense, seeing how the case is black. I was forced to select the T-buckle hybrid leather or choose a few colors other than black if I wanted D-buckle. Oh, Samsung did give me the fabric band, in which I had zero interest, so uh thanks Samsung.

I have a hard time justifying $79 for a black hybrid leather D-buckle.

I found out Samsung lists them directly on Amazon and it's $70 with free overnight shipping, so I went for it, but I still think that's way too ridiculous of cost. If you're interested in other colors, some are as low as $51 but it also depends on if you need the small/medium or medium/large.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

glosephhh

Nov 20, 2023
Visit site
Same issue here. Doing some research the S Health app lets you disable specific notifications like sleep coaching and weekly summary. Unfortunately daily activity doesnt seem to be there unless you go to Developer Options>App Notifications> Allowed Watch Apps . Once you find S Health and scroll down you see some notification settings that you cannot edit and daily activity seems to be there 😭

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231120_102440_recent.png
    Screenshot_20231120_102440_recent.png
    49 KB · Views: 17

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here. Doing some research the S Health app lets you disable specific notifications like sleep coaching and weekly summary. Unfortunately daily activity doesnt seem to be there unless you go to Developer Options>App Notifications> Allowed Watch Apps . Once you find S Health and scroll down you see some notification settings that you cannot edit and daily activity seems to be there
Good detective work though!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This may be slightly off topic, but I don't update any Samsung apps as long as they're working fine (I have auto updates turned off).

And I always read the update information and reviews before I do update anything. Currently I believe I have about 37 app updates waiting in the Galaxy app store that will never be applied 😉

I've found that rarely, if ever, do Samsung app updates do anything but find new ways to shove advertising in your face, or slow down/break an app with more bloatware trying to get more money/data out of you 👎

For me personally the only exception is Good Lock.

FuzzyLumpkin said it best when he said "once you get your Samsung set up, basically ignore the Galaxy app store and just update through the Google Play store instead". Good advice 👍

Reactions: mustang7757

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all, even if you don't have a solution to the problem. I guess it's just nice knowing I'm not the only one getting really annoyed with this daily notification. If someone does figure it out, please share.

On a different note, still pissed Samsung wouldn't let me preorder this 47mm GW6 Classic to come with the D-buckle hybrid leather in black, which made the most sense, seeing how the case is black. I was forced to select the T-buckle hybrid leather or choose a few colors other than black if I wanted D-buckle. Oh, Samsung did give me the fabric band, in which I had zero interest, so uh thanks Samsung.

I found out Samsung lists them directly on Amazon and it's $70 with free overnight shipping, so I went for it, but I still think that's way too ridiculous of cost. If you're interested in other colors, some are as low as $51 but it also depends on if you need the small/medium or medium/large.
I ordered my husbands 6 classic today in 47mm and it let me order the leather D one. I got the T leather cause I am used to the wholes now and I wasn't sure how the D would fit. But I am getting a new band off amazon anyway.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I ended up blocking notifications from Samsung Health. The very occasional time notifications from there were useful wasn't worth all of the spam notifications I was getting, they played themselves

It's not going to be feasible for everyone, but I can say that blocking these notifications has improved my quality of life no end lol

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
This may be slightly off topic, but I don't update any Samsung apps as long as they're working fine (I have auto updates turned off).

And I always read the update information and reviews before I do update anything. Currently I believe I have about 37 app updates waiting in the Galaxy app store that will never be applied

I've found that rarely, if ever, do Samsung app updates do anything but find new ways to shove advertising in your face, or slow down/break an app with more bloatware trying to get more money/data out of you

For me personally the only exception is Good Lock.

FuzzyLumpkin said it best when he said "once you get your Samsung set up, basically ignore the Galaxy app store and just update through the Google Play store instead". Good advice

I also try to avoid doing Samsung App updates, and anything else associated to the Samsung Account. Having a Samsung device is a conflicting situation for me, between all the Google Stuff (and there's lots of that one can't avoid) and all the Samsung stuff (and there is some of that one can't avoid). I'd love to be able to delete a bunch of the Samsung Apps.

Reactions: J Dubbs

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I ended up blocking notifications from Samsung Health. The very occasional time notifications from there were useful wasn't worth all of the spam notifications I was getting, they played themselves

It's not going to be feasible for everyone, but I can say that blocking these notifications has improved my quality of life no end lol
A while back I purposely set my "targets" high, so I would stop getting the fireworks notifications about reaching them and such. My philosophy was I didn't need Samsung or the Watch or the Phone to tell me how I was doing against my targets since I could just go check whenever I wanted to know.

If I can, I try to actually not adjust notification settings too much initially when getting an app or a device, so then the notifications can later start showing up and I can use those as indicators basically for what apps are doing things on their own that I might not want/like, a trigger for me to know to then go in and shut some of those down from using background processing/data, etc.. For me, it's even worse to find out that an app was doing stuff but it had been silent about it.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000