Anyone else having reboot/bootloop issues with JB Sourcery 5.2?

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I switched to JB Sourcery a few months ago, mostly to get away from the reboot issues. While they have been reduced (most of the time) the reboots often result in a bootloop where it will reboot 3-4 times before deciding to work. I've wiped and reinstalled a few times but always the same result.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
When you wipe, do you do a full wipe (including factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik?)
If you are still having the issue, try the teamsourcery IRC on their website. Pretty helpful folks over there.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I do a full wipe every time. Not to sure what the issue is. I guess I'll go hunt down some help from teamsourcery. Seems to me like that's about as easy as hunting down a snowman in the desert though.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any rebooting problems, but when I did have a concern, I just wiped the ROM through TWRP, reloaded 5.2, Cylon kernel, Google Apps, etc and reset it all up. Takes about 45 minutes to run through set up and for all the apps to reload with Wi-Fi but sometimes it has to be done.
What I can't get to work is the new Bean Picker. That locks it up pretty good.
Oh well. We will get it right in the end.
Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I originally used TWRP to install JBSourcery. Then I read that TWRP had issues with JBS or something like that so I switched to CWM which I'm not to fond of. It seems that even when I try to wipe everything, it doesn't. How do I get CWM to wipe EVERYTHING?

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm - I've been using TWRP since I rooted, and haven't run into any issues (yet). If you use ZebraApps, I heard that TWRP was causing issues.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Yea, that's what I read too. I assumed that if the zebra apps were having issues then maybe all were, especially since my phone was still so unstable. CWM is ok, just doesn't seem as user friendly although I do like the fact that I don't have to connect to my computer to load the bootloader like I had to with TWRP.

needspractice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Its because you are restoring your apps from a backup you have to install them brand new which is a pain; you probably upgraded from an older ROM to a newer ROM and there was too much of a difference.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Its because you are restoring your apps from a backup you have to install them brand new which is a pain; you probably upgraded from an older ROM to a newer ROM and there was too much of a difference.

Nope. I'm not restoring ANYTHING from an older install. All apps are getting a fresh install each time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, after my phone crashing 2x this week, I gave up on JB Sourcery. Tuesday night & again tonight (Thursday) my phone decided to reboot but wouldn't boot. I couldn't get past the Sourcery splash screen. Tuesday I ended up doing a factory reset and of course reinstalling all my apps, widgets, etc, etc. Now tonight, I decided enough was enough. I knew I was going to have to reset and start all over anyway so I went ahead and removed JBS and flashed Paranoid Android instead. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali