Anyone else having second thoughts?

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
The technology will continue to evolve, that can mean there may be times that some features intended for some user segments will not appeal to other segments. I am not really interested in Bixby and will likely seek to turn off any aspects of it I can simply to free up resources and reduce potential battery drain, am I interested in the S8/S8+. yes, I have a black S8+ pre-ordered. Not really going to worry about it either way. :)

Cheers,
BR
Rip N7

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been using my S8+ all day today...and I think I will be returning it. It's a really nice device and I love e the big screen, but I prefer the feel of my G6 more.

if we all wanted the same things, there would likely not be the same innovation we currently see, what ever you decide, enjoy your chosen device

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm having some doubts. Last night, I was looking at the specs for the S6 (which I use now) and the S8, and I wonder if it is really enough of an upgrade to merit buying this year. My S6's battery is suddenly dying fast, so I decided to jump anyway.

But, I've got to say that this is the first phone I've bought in years -- maybe ever -- that doesn't have *something* new that makes it really exciting. I've gone from the Fascinate>S3>S6 to S8, and each phone had some feature that I couldn't wait to try. (With the S6, for example, I was thrilled to get a fingerprint reader that works with LastPass and Samsung Pay.)

I haven't seen anything on the S8 that has me excited in the same way. (Certainly not "Bixby," when I already have Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri in my life.) I'll give it a week or two, but if I'm not wowed, it's going back. It costs too much to be "just OK."

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that Bixby is not going to be very good in a few weeks. It isn't even done yet.

I mean it is possible that it will be as good or even better than the other assistants, but it is going to take a while.

psurob55

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I went with the S8 instead of the S8+...thought I was going to regret choosing the smaller size, but it feels so good in the hand I think I am going to stick with it instead of returning for the plus.

Coming from the LG V20, it feels like a feather and is much less cumbersome to use with one hand. I don't think i'll regret it.

Not to mention, this only needs to hold me over until the Note 8 or the unicorn surface phone releases. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174