Anyone else moving from the GS3 to the Note 2?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
When I heard of the Note 2 would be announced at IFA, I thought to myself that I'd be interested if:

1. It comes to Sprint
2. It has an Exynos quad core with LTE
3. It has the same design cues of the GS3
4. It has the same screen aspect ratio of the GS3

Turns out, all of the above are true. On top of that, we have a more sensitive, larger, S Pen, a bigger battery, and the processor is clocked even higher than in the International GS3. So what's a Manny to do? He's going to trade in his GS3 for a Note 2.

What makes this even more appealing to me is that I paid extra for the Best Buy Buy Back Protection plan which will give you 50% of the Best Buy retail price when trading in your phone. The Best Buy price is 700 bucks, so I get 350 for my GS3. They also price match Sprint, so when the Note 2 comes out, I shouldn't have to pay too much more than what an eligible upgrade would cost me. On top of that, Best buy is discontinuing their Buy Back Protection plan, so by the Note 2 coming out this fall I will be able to take maximum advantage of the plan. I am eligible for an upgrade in April of next year, so I'll be ready for the Note 3, because something tells me that after going to that huge of a screen, you can't just go back to the GS4. I'd also miss the S Pen I am sure.

I was always a bit bummed when I heard the GS3 will get the Snapdragon S4, so I am really looking forward to go back to sitting in the Exynos powered saddle again.

Any other GS3 owners thinking of upgrading?

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for the note 2. I really wanted the first note but it didn't come to sprint like I wanted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I've been trying to talk my daughter into taking my S3 so I could upgrade to the Note2. But she thinks the S3 is too big. Plus I have apparently been lax as a father and letting her run around with a bad crowd ... she wants a iPhone :(

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am going to trade in my Samsung galaxy S3 phone for the Samsung galaxy note 2. Can't wait.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Ew, no. I think the S3 should be the maximum for phone size, and is much better looking than the Note II because of this. It's big without being obnoxious, or bulky. The Note, and Note II, are just too big to be phones really.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well since I can't get unlimited data on a tablet with Sprint (or anyone else) this might just be the happy medium! Of course that is if they ever update the towers in my area... 1xRTT just doesn't work for anything at all :(

Damitux

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. Once you go to a larger screen, you can't go back. Imagine having to go back to a 3.5 screen...really..SQUINT!

On the other hand. If I ever have to cross a large body of water, I can always hop on my phone and paddle.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. Once you go to a larger screen, you can't go back. Imagine having to go back to a 3.5 screen...really..SQUINT!

On the other hand. If I ever have to cross a large body of water, I can always hop on my phone and paddle.

Not true... I would turn this in for an identical but smaller phone it a heartbeat.

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The Note 2 is frikin awesome. I was checking it out from my local store. It way too big but the phone is badass. I will keep my S3 until something of the same size come out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Note 2 is a kickass device, but too big for me. With my GS3, when using one-handed which is how I use my phone half of the time, I can't reach all over the entire screen with my thumb. I've got to stretch and shimmy the phone in my hand, and I have average sized hands. The Note2 is definitely a 2-handed device.

The GS3 fills my front pocket still leaving extra room to reach in and get something. The Note2 is big enough where it fills the pocket too much. Guys would be ok if they didn't mind it, girls would have to carry it in their purse (I hate seeing a woman with a belt holster, looks way redneck and unattractive to me).

It's the GS3 for me.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
3 words... Way too big!

I like how you seem to be every other post on this thread.

I had a 3.5" screen for years, now I have a 4.7" and the seemed really big to me at first but after a week at most I was used to it and it felt normal.

Now I'm thinking of getting a note as my next phone. My only concern is blowing out my pockets