Anyone else waiting for MS Office for Android Tablet?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know I am...

Now with Quickoffice being replaced by Google's separate apps, is anyone else even more anxiously waiting for MS Office to finally come out for Android tablets?

Don't get me wrong, Google's apps are not bad (albeit not the best), but I really don't like having a bunch of apps for doing what I could do with just one. I get the concept of doing it like that, I just don't like it. That, and I've used MS Office on an iPad and it is a pretty nice experience and one that I'd like to have on my Note.

But other than reading that the Android tablet version will come out before the Windows one, things have been pretty quiet on this one :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can understand some people waiting, but I won't. I have found Kingsoft Office for both my Android Devices and PC that I really don't need MS products all that much anymore.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, my company has begun to heavily rely on Office 365, so there are a few things that aren't available to 3rd party apps (like revision tracking). And since we all love free stuff, when it does come out, I know my corporate account will allow me to use MS Office on my tablet 'for free'.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, my company has begun to heavily rely on Office 365, so there are a few things that aren't available to 3rd party apps (like revision tracking). And since we all love free stuff, when it does come out, I know my corporate account will allow me to use MS Office on my tablet 'for free'.

Have you tried other alternatives like LibreOffice? Maybe you'll find something you like in that.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a go... Don't get me wrong, it's not so much that I don't like the available 3rd party apps, but that some critical aspects to my work documents are not available to 3rd party devs at all.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if it supports Change Tracking? That is the one thing I need and why I'm waiting for MS Office to come out, really...

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hancom is strictly for the new guys on the block. Those of us with multiple devices have problems. I have the Note 10.1-14, Note 8 and Note 3. The Hancom application does not work on the Note 8, and Note 3. That makes Hancom, though installed on the 10.1-14, valueless.

Sent via my Note 8

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Why valueless? It works great on my 10.1 2014 and my note pro 12.2 with my mac desktop. The note 8 that I also have is too small to handle hword.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hancom is strictly for the new guys on the block. Those of us with multiple devices have problems. I have the Note 10.1-14, Note 8 and Note 3. The Hancom application does not work on the Note 8, and Note 3. That makes Hancom, though installed on the 10.1-14, valueless.

Sent via my Note 8

You think MS Office for Android is going to be any better......

If new and better apps do not work on older system(s) maybe its time to abandon them for newer product....

Dale

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess we'll just have to wait until MS Office comes out and we can test it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Subscription based is what MS Office brings to you. Nycho, valueless to me, not to you. The application works on 1 device I have and others that work on all of the Notes I have. Therefore to make it my go-to application makes no sense. Should I opt to go with a larger device with no anticipated need to access the file on another device, which is not going to happen. For Hancom to be of value, it needs to support more of what is out there.

Sent via my Note 8