Anyone getting complaints from others on sound quality?

ericjackson

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Almost everyone i have talked to says i sound "muffled"

I tested it last night and it does sound muffled. like im holding something over the mic. anyone else getting this too?

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was told that while my phone was on the multimedia dock across the room. I have tile floors so it sounded" echoy" but other than that it I haven't had any complaints. I made a few calls when I first got it specifically asking how I sounded. So far, so good.

dageniusal

Jan 20, 2011
www.lavidabello.com
I'm getting mixed reviews. I had a couple of people call me when I was in the, uh.. office, and said they couldn't hear me. Yet another couple of people called me in the gym (relatively loud) and they didn't say a thing or ask me to repeat anything. Same number of bars at each location.

sublime187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I got some complaints about people not understanding me. I tested it on my voicemail greeting, and it sounds HORRIBLE.

I got a new handset today and it still sounds the same. Terrible. People on the line with me also sound a bit muffled, but not nearly as bad as on my end.

Unbelievable. My blackberry 9700 was crystal clear from the same locations.

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I got some complaints about people not understanding me. I tested it on my voicemail greeting, and it sounds HORRIBLE.

I got a new handset today and it still sounds the same. Terrible. People on the line with me also sound a bit muffled, but not nearly as bad as on my end.

Unbelievable. My blackberry 9700 was crystal clear from the same locations.

I've had no issues.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yup, my friends all say I sound muffled. I'm not happy about it at all. The speaker is also crappy sounding. I'm constantly asked to repeat myself.

kkmarie9009

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem...Went to the store twice for this

1st time-Switched out my sim card
2nd time-Went in with the same problem...Reps at the store looked at me as if I was dumb. Gave me a new phone to try out and am still having the same problem. I feel as if the reps in my area don't know anything about the phone and won't even look into it. Whenever I asked a question he would google it. I love this phone minus this issue. Whats the fix for it?

sublime187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
does it make a difference if you are using a 3G SIM card?

i got a new SIM card today but it also says 3G on it.

wondering if the new "4G" SIM cards make a difference....

amz

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Its true, the voicemail also sound terribly crappy. M$%%F$%$%@ WTF , why cant they make a phone that know how to make a quality call. Its the simple things that get compromised in this hi tech bs

amz

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so Mystery solved!!! I tried setting the ATT voice mail from another phone and it still sound crappy. Its their recording system thats bad. I have access to another voice mail system and the recording sounds a whole lot better. Also I realized that the Atrix does some agressive noise cancellation. So if you have a flat voice with a base pitch, the playback sounds more like a broken record. If you use the higher nasal pitch however, the voice pick up is fine.

lordratner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Replacing the SIM card at the ATT store worked for me. Apparently they use different cards than the center that ships phones directly to customers. The rep said they have that problem all the time, and he had no idea why there are different types of SIM cards.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is really good to know. I can't imagine why a SIM card would make any difference, but hey, what the heck do I know.