Anyone Going to Wait for the Holidays to Upgrade to Note 8

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone would be waiting until mid-November or the Holiday season to upgrade to the Note 8, and what deals would be available do you think? I have a V20 right now, and was going to upgrade to the S8+, but decided to wait until November/early December to upgrade to the Note 8, maybe the Pixel XL 2, or the V30 because of the trade-in deals Verizon and Best Buy might have like last year. I'm hoping the V20 trade-in could bring the price of the Note 8 down to about $400 or something like that, because last year they had a deal where you could trade-in a phone like an iPhone 6s, V10, Htc 10, or something like that for an iPhone 7, Galaxy S7, the S7 Edge, etc. for free. What deals do you think or hope will come to the Note 8 and S8's this year may be?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Depends on the carrier. I'm trading my LG G6 in thru Tmobile Jump on Demand. I'm probably going to preorder as I am a very long standing Note fan and went thru the Note 7 return twice. I've the Note series. I also have an S8+which is what I'm using now. Plan to keep as a very good backup phone. Unsure what the down payment will be on the Note 8

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Depends on the carrier. I'm trading my LG G6 in thru Tmobile Jump on Demand. I'm probably going to preorder as I am a very long standing Note fan and went thru the Note 7 return twice. I've the Note series. I also have an S8+which is what I'm using now. Plan to keep as a very good backup phone. Unsure what the down payment will be on the Note 8

I've never owned a Note, but have heard great things about them, especially last year, except for the explosive battery. I have a 2 friends that have had their Note 4's for awhile, almost 3 years, and one of them just upgraded to the S8+. I want to try the Note 8, it looks like it will turn out to be quite a good device.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I have had Notes in the past (2 & 3), wanted a 5 but Samsung changed....
Went the V series and love it but now LG is f'ing up (in my mind) by becoming like everyone one else with glass construction, non-removable battery etc. I'm not happy to upgrade to the V30.
So I may be coming back to the Note series. I love the S Pen and big screen.

Lateck,

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I have had Notes in the past (2 & 3), wanted a 5 but Samsung changed....
Went the V series and love it but now LG is f'ing up (in my mind) by becoming like everyone one else with glass construction, non-removable battery etc. I'm not happy to upgrade to the V30.
So I may be coming back to the Note series. I love the S Pen and big screen.

Lateck,

Thanks. I also think they shouldn't move towards the glass design and non-removable battery, for the V series at least. I think that should be the G series only, that way the 2 devices are separate from each other, and they could win on both sides of that, but I guess my opinion and many others don't matter anymore.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Unless You're buying it out right, I don't think there will be a ton of deals with money off. You might see a BOGO free. But,we know how the fine print reads with those. You might see the free bundles as well. I guess I just wouldn't hold your breath thinking you might get one for $25 a month. That's all.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I only have 1 phone on the jump program but I would really like to keep my S8+ and trade in my 7Edge but it's not on the jump and they won't let me add now, you can only do it at the time of purchase.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I only have 1 phone on the jump program but I would really like to keep my S8+ and trade in my 7Edge but it's not on the jump and they won't let me add now, you can only do it at the time of purchase.
I have two phones on my one line, one is a J.O.D. then two teens ha e a phone each. Maybe you could add it under another one of your lines of you have multiple lines, then just use it on your line

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The launch note 8 will likely come with freebies you won't get later. Gear VR, SD Card etc. That's like $200 worth of free stuff.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Unless You're buying it out right, I don't think there will be a ton of deals with money off. You might see a BOGO free. But,we know how the fine print reads with those. You might see the free bundles as well. I guess I just wouldn't hold your breath thinking you might get one for $25 a month. That's all.
Ok, thanks. I was thinking I might not, especially if the cost is $40+ a month for 24 months.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
The launch note 8 will likely come with freebies you won't get later. Gear VR, SD Card etc. That's like $200 worth of free stuff.
Yes, thank you, but I'm probably not going to use those things, other than the fast wireless charger. That's why I would wait for a good deal where it dropped the cost of it down to $20-$25 a month, if that ever happens.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I'll take my note 8 right now thank you very much an all the free stuff samsung wants to give me
Yeah, I hope it works out well for you 😀. I'm just going to try to save a bit and wait until the reviews are out and there are no issues with the device, and then I will get it.

Marky310

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I go on a trip on the 14th, the day before the rumored release date. I'm debating whether I should pre-order and suffer through my vacation till I can get home to it or not pre-order and just pick it up the day it releases. Is there a chance it could be out of stock on launch day if I show up too late?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I go on a trip on the 14th, the day before the rumored release date. I'm debating whether I should pre-order and suffer through my vacation till I can get home to it or not pre-order and just pick it up the day it releases. Is there a chance it could be out of stock on launch day if I show up too late?

How about picking one up on your vacation if it releases in stores while you're out?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I would wait to see if you only get the freebies during pre-order or maybe throughout the end of Sept. I'd it's only pre-order, you may want to pre-order if you knew for sure you'll be buying one.

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

You do risk not getting a device depending on how many are released pre store on release day.timing and such. I know some stores in my local area get 0-5 on the day of release..

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
yeah that's my dilemma. I'm going on my honeymoon a month after the supposed release date, so I don't know if I should pre-order or if I should wait and try to get it a month after to see if there are better deals. I don't want to take my DSLR on my honeymoon but this phone with the cameras May alleviate that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe