Anyone got/had the white Nexus 9? Questions on build quality and does your serial start with HT4AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I`m really missing that 4:3 aspect ratio and now i dont have it i want it back but without faults. and i can get a deal where i will only be $380 out of pocket for the 32gb

So im asking if any of you have the white Nexus 9 and if so how is your build quality

Do you have much light bleed? how does the back panel feel? is it spongy? does it feel lifted from the aluminum ring around the tablet? Any lag, and any heat around near the camera?

If i go for white im presuming it will be the more solid plastic back like on the Nexus 5, it was also not be a fingerprint magnet like the black N9

Also i read that a few people with issues have serial numbers starting with HT4AK, my black one also started with this, is this the same all round or is your different

Last edited by a moderator:

xDonJuanx

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a a white 32gb. It doesn't have a spongy back. It has minimal light bleed. No lag, hiccups, or stutters.
SN: HT4AF****

Posted from my Nexus 7

Attachments

• lh3.googleusercontent.jpg
    lh3.googleusercontent.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 79

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine is a white 32 GB. The back feels pretty solid. It did get hot, but only while it was downloading apps and updates when I first started it. Unfortunately there is a large light bleed/screen defect on the top of the screen.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
This is just sad that we are here trying to figure out what batch of serial numbers have the least defects or what color is less likely to be defective instead of just having constructive conversation about what should have been a great tablet. It seems to me that this tablet definitely did not live up to expectations. I think I will just keep my nexus 7.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Got my white 32 GB Nexus 9 today. Its beautiful and what a screen. Front speakers are awesome. I sold my iPad 3 that I had never liked. Much happier with this. So far so good for me!
Oh, my serial # starts with HT4AH.....

Attachments

• 1415417808714.jpg
    1415417808714.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 53

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
This is just sad that we are here trying to figure out what batch of serial numbers have the least defects or what color is less likely to be defective instead of just having constructive conversation about what should have been a great tablet. It seems to me that this tablet definitely did not live up to expectations. I think I will just keep my nexus 7.
I understand where you're coming from but I'm not having disgruntle-level issues. And I'm very happy to have upgraded from the 7. I've had moments where the 9 was doing its thing and I looked at it and thought "This is amazing, I'm really living in the future.".

bigbadtone

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
HT4AG... here. Very happy so far.

No real flex in the back that I can find.
Gets luke warm when downloading.
Hard to notice 1px deep light bleed at the top.

Not sure why I'd send it back.

Jo 1

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a white 32GB. It has no flex in the back or any problems. I wouldn't notice if it was a different colour, as I only look at the front.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I understand where you're coming from but I'm not having disgruntle-level issues. And I'm very happy to have upgraded from the 7. I've had moments where the 9 was doing its thing and I looked at it and thought "This is amazing, I'm really living in the future.".

I wasnt saying everybody is having issues but undoubtedly on a whole this tablet did not meet expectations. (At least the original launch batch)

pappabas

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes I am also hoping that manufacturing will improve. Lightbleed is annoying if you like me like to read from it in the evening using the inverted mode.
If they made 32GB standard with an upgraded 64GB version the price would be reasonable. 32GB for say $379 and I think it would be a great success.
The podcast yesterday touched on the subject of storage but they did not press on the fact that performance and durability really goes down when you start to fill it up storage. You need a few GB free for both that and to be able to patch the device.
One of the great advantages of Android for me is the ability to access a filesystem.
I have tons of research-articles, pdf-articles, movies etc and when you travel wifi is not always present. Plus accessing large files is much snappier if they are stored localy. I do not understand this policy of skimping on storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.