Anyone have the dock?

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'd like to know the answer as well. The dock to me is a set up for failure. A nice drop to my floor, hitting the wall on the way down.

I do wish they had a battery charger like BB does. I might have bought an extra battery if that was the case.

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I do have one and I like it. It is somewhat pricey and i do not use audio out function at all. So basic recharging and using it as a desktop clock, it works perfectly fine.

carlsbl

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Expensive but very nice.

I was curious if anyone has the Google dock for their Nexus One.

If so, how is it? Is it worth it?

I think it is very good. What I like is that you don't need to mess with a USB every time you charge it. I like the fact the phone easily fits in the dock with no effort and little aim required. The position the phone is in with the clock and weather is cool too. It does not provide any protection nor is it "clipped" in the dock which is a good/bad thing. You would not want to use this if you have cats and a hard floor. My cat knocked it down the first time she walked by (carpet) but if you have kids or pets the dock needs to be out of reach. The great thing is how easily the phone drops in for a charge. That is sweet! It is waaaaaay to much money at 45 bucks but I paid it because it really adds a nice level of finesse to the phone and looks better than just lying there charging. I figured hell, I just spent 529, what's another 45. It is very well made and includes another charger something I think is overlooked.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to know the answer as well. The dock to me is a set up for failure. A nice drop to my floor, hitting the wall on the way down.

I do wish they had a battery charger like BB does. I might have bought an extra battery if that was the case.
The Nexus 1 dock is pretty cool. To me, it seems like it charges faster than the PC USB or regular AC adapter, also. And I actually did see another one being sold on eBay with a spare battery slot. I think it was about $30.