Anyone know about a UK release for this phone?

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
According to someone on the XDA forums, ZTE are saying on Twitter that the Axon 7 isn't going to be released in the UK until the end of the year. That's a bummer if it's true. Six months is a long time in the world of smartphones. If we have to wait that long to get it it will almost seem like an outdated phone!

Posted via the Android Central App

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
It's been released for Uk now via Amazon.

I don't get all of this though. Apparently ZTE has officially announced that the Axon 7 is now available to pre-order in Europe - including the UK - yet it's not available on their UK website. It's only on Amazon UK, but is being sold by a seller called EKEYUK, not by Amazon directly. What's going on? Who the hell is EKEYUK? Why isn't it available on ZTE's own website?

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't get all of this though. Apparently ZTE has officially announced that the Axon 7 is now available to pre-order in Europe - including the UK - yet it's not available on their UK website. It's only on Amazon UK, but is being sold by a seller called EKEYUK, not by Amazon directly. What's going on? Who the hell is EKEYUK? Why isn't it available on ZTE's own website?

It's just someone trying to jump the gun. I wouldn't buy it through them as they are waiting for it to be released as well.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
It's just someone trying to jump the gun. I wouldn't buy it through them as they are waiting for it to be released as well.

So if ZTE are saying it's ready to order, where are we supposed to be ordering it from?

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
EKEYUK appear to be HK based, we have a month to see if any one else starts selling. After the latest nexus reports, think I will be definitely be getting this phone.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Maybe it has to do with that recent vote where the UK decided to leave Europe? :)

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it has to do with that recent vote where the UK decided to leave Europe? :)

The announcement that the Axon 7 is now available to pre-order in the UK and other parts of Europe was made days AFTER "brexit", so it can't be because of that :)

Also - as far as I can see - in the official announcement ZTE actually stated that they are available to buy around Europe from Amazon. Why are they selling them through Amazon rather than on their own website? But whatever, the Amazon UK seller that is selling them is called EKEYUK. So is that ZTE's official distributor for the UK? I'm still kinda confused!

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Date seems to be slipping as well. EKEYUK stated 28th July last week, out to 3rd August now.

Although ZTE facebook page seems fairly confident.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Date seems to be slipping as well. EKEYUK stated 28th July last week, out to 3rd August now.

Although ZTE facebook page seems fairly confident.

I'm not planning on buying it on release, so a slight delay won't bother me personally. But ZTE do seem to be annoying a few prospective buyers with their release schedules