Anyone looking at buying the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

Lewis Culley

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
I ordered one this week from a trusted US-based seller on ebay with good reviews about this specific phone. I didn't want to worry about customs fees, including tariffs, or the counterfeit ROM some Chinese vendors have installed. The counterfeit ROM doesn't play nice with US users on AT&T, but there are work arounds, namely, unlocking the bootloader then installing the Chinese ROM then installing the EU ROM--you can only install the EU ROM from the Chinese ROM.

I should get my phone next week--the vendor is on the east coast and I'm on the west. I'm a fan of Huawei, but they've raised their prices too much--I refuse to pay a grand or more for a phone. I'm impressed with the specs for this phone, given the price. I look forward to getting it.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I ordered one this week from a trusted US-based seller on ebay with good reviews about this specific phone. I didn't want to worry about customs fees, including tariffs, or the counterfeit ROM some Chinese vendors have installed. The counterfeit ROM doesn't play nice with US users on AT&T, but there are work arounds, namely, unlocking the bootloader then installing the Chinese ROM then installing the EU ROM--you can only install the EU ROM from the Chinese ROM.

I should get my phone next week--the vendor is on the east coast and I'm on the west. I'm a fan of Huawei, but they've raised their prices too much--I refuse to pay a grand or more for a phone. I'm impressed with the specs for this phone, given the price. I look forward to getting it.

Let us know how things turn out. Would you mind sharing who the supplier is on EBay? I'm always concerned buying anything directly from China. Based on your input, I would rather spend my dollars and have the phone working out of the box.

Joel Gaviola

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I got the Chinese ROM one. Surprisingly, I didn't have to sideload Google Play as it comes preinstalled. I just couldn't remap the AI (Xiao AI) button.

Joel Gaviola

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Also, I find that the selfie cam for Xiaomi phones are better than the most (except for, maybe the Pixels). the camera is top notch. I find it a little better than my iPhone x but on the same level as my mate 20 pro.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance