Anyone pick up a white Moto X?

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts on the colour?

I saw one in the store - the back was already dirty and they'd had this for a few hours and had been handled by about half a dozen people. I wasn't too impressed with the white front too - looked a little plasticky. I did spend most of my time checking out the back. I was planning to pick one up for my wife, but may give her my black one if and when the developer edition comes out.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I got a black one this morning and to me looks way better than the white one. I have never really been a fan of white phones to begin with though. I think in this case it looks like you said plasticky compared to the black one. I kind of wished the black phone came with black cable and charger instead of white, oh well.

anon(4196132)

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I kind of wished the black phone came with black cable and charger instead of white, oh well.

You're not alone! If you're going to release a product in two colors, at least have appropriately colored accessories I'm the box!

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thoughts on the colour?

I saw one in the store - the back was already dirty and they'd had this for a few hours and had been handled by about half a dozen people. I wasn't too impressed with the white front too - looked a little plasticky. I did spend most of my time checking out the back. I was planning to pick one up for my wife, but may give her my black one if and when the developer edition comes out.

the white = hot mess. Looked downright awful from the front, and while adorable from the back, gets dirty. Hot mess. < - foot in mouth alert.

Last edited:

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
the white = hot mess. Looked downright awful from the front, and while adorable from the back, gets dirty. Hot mess.

I got the white. Wanted a white front. Been using black phones for a while and wanted a change.

The white looks great. Gloss is not an issue really.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

chrisdiaz73

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Went in today 100% set on white???looked at 1 hour old demo unit, and as OP stated, it was dirty looking....imagine a few weeks down the road! Black however, looked great! So I switched to black....now the real debate is if 16gb is enough Or do I return within 14 days for a 32 special order?!?!

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Went in today 100% set on white???looked at 1 hour old demo unit, and as OP stated, it was dirty looking....imagine a few weeks down the road! Black however, looked great! So I switched to black....now the real debate is if 16gb is enough Or do I return within 14 days for a 32 special order?!?!

Yes if the dev edition comes out within 14 days I may eat the $35 restocking fee. Got mine for $540 somehow. Demo units are not a good indicator of anything though. You don't know what sort of people touched that thing and how clean their hands were.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Im friends with an ATT store manager and asked him about the 540 price..he said it was an error in the system because of NEXT pricing and should have been corrected...u got lucky

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
It's weird because I have been watching ebay for them and some att black phones seem to come with the black charger and cable...hmmm....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge