Anyone rocking a screen protector?

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've always had screen protectors on my phones. There are always some who do or don't. I find clarivue protectors work for me. Good clarity and gives me a sense of safety. It will definitely go in the n4. Already ordered some hehe

ldgregory

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't like cases, but I use a company called gelaskins.com who print really nice, easy to apply and remove skins. If you don't like their premade skins, you can upload your own pic and they'll do a skin for you. I have no affiliation with gelaskins, just a happy customer. I've been using them since I had my iPhone 3G. It also comes with a front skin which they make a wallpaper to use that matches up. Here's a pic of mine from a pic I took in Taos NM of a sunset. Just ignore the idiot holding the phone.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354118782093.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354118782093.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 48

raysgrumpy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I had always used screen protectors until about a month ago. A friend of mine (Iphone and Apple everything guy) convinced me to take it off of my One s. IMO, the screen looks WAY better and is more responsive. I don't use one on my Nexus 4 either, but I did get a case to protect the back and for small falls etc. Naked and never turning back!

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly why I don't use screen protectors. What's the point of having a delicious HD screen if you're going to slap something on it which degrades the quality? Every Retina screen iPhone I've seen of has had some sort of protector on it which makes the image gritty like sandpaper. Between the dinky size - I had to load an app on a friend's iPhone 4 and going from my big GS2 screen to 3.5" of iBlah - and the protector, I could hardly see anything. I've been running naked for almost 14 months and if I give it a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth, it could pass for new. Just don't put it in your pocket with your keys and change.

You're absolutely right. It does take away from the definition of the screen. I'm just in love with the fact that I don't have to wipe the screen. I just paid 10 bucks for the so I'm gonna leave it on a lil longer and then go naked. I was naked on my HTC Evo 3D and loved it. I just get annoyed at all the smudges on the screen. You're right though, I'm losing out on the quality of the screen

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Clariview screen protectors in today. Package comes with two front and two rear screen protectors. Unfortunately I do not have a phone to put them on yet.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Clariview screen protector. It's Ok, but Im a bit disappointed. The rear film went on flawlessly and is damn near invisible. The front however, doesn't quite have as good of a fit. There are cutouts for the speaker, camera and proximity sensor, but the film does not go all the way to the edge of the screen. I do have a small bit of something trapped underneath that must have somehow gotten stuck to the protector, as it wasn't on the screen. I installed these immediately after getting the phone today.

The films also pick up a LOT of fingerprints! Obviously they can be cleaned off, but even with clean dry hands the screen still winds up looking dirty.

All in all, not bad, but I might try something else next time.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Got the skinomi screen protector from amazon works great. Easy install. It's a cheaper alternative to zagg. I prefer it over extreme guard for there lifetime warranty and cut out for the proximity sensor.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the XtremeGuard full body screen protector. It's good enough for its price, 'til my case arrive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Rbower

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Using the Armourguard screen protector with black carbon fiber protector on the back. I love the wet install it looks awesome and feels closer to glass than the Spigen I used for a couple days.

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
nooooooooo they came out with a dual pack!?!?

Yup, I got mine yesterday evening and am enthralled with the look (or lack there of) and feel. The sides are cut a few millimeters short (due to the con-vexed screen), but this batch has accurate proximity sensor cut-outs. I would have just used the factory screen protectors that came with the phone if they didn't have labeling, but this is the closest I've gotten to a glass feel and clarity.