anyone rocking their phone without a case?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
But I'm rolling the dice. This is the first device I'm years I have used no screen protector no case. Nothing. Been satisfying so far. But I really have to be cognizant of what I and doing. The feel in hand has been amazing with the ceramic.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I always rock my phones naked, generally sell them before they get any real damage and usually have insurance for price of mind. I am generally a Pixel/Nexus phone user for Android and an iPhone user and never have issues.

However, I've had the Galaxy S6, S8+ and now the 10+, for some reason, all of them seem to scratch very easily. The display usually gets surface scratches and the glass body the same. I've had the S10+ since launch and I already have a chunk taken out of the metal frame and some scuffs on the display. I've had the iPhone X and XS, every pixel version and none of them have any of this after months of use, what's up with Samsung! I work from home, my phones are always babied but for some reason, I always end up with a scuffed Samsung phone.

I've had the polar opposite experience. My work iPhone X has been in a hard case the entire time yet somehow has a few very tiny nicks on the metal frame. Apparently others have the same issue if you search YouTube. The Samsungs I've owned seem to scratch much less easily. It takes a legit drop to do it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But I'm rolling the dice. This is the first device I'm years I have used no screen protector no case. Nothing. Been satisfying so far. But I really have to be cognizant of what I and doing. The feel in hand has been amazing with the ceramic.

That's risky lol not me I'll destroy my screen in few minutes with scratches , I'm a mechanic .

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I've gone caseless with every single phone I've owned since the Lumia 920. With Samsung, that includes the S7 Edge, Note 7, Note 8, S9, and now the S10. There's no going back... the aesthetics and feel are addictive. I'm always surprised to hear that people are experiencing problems with accidental touches or problems related to the curved display. Makes me wonder if I'm just more used to using them since I've been used to going caseless for so long.

At worst, I've had barely noticeably scuffs here and there over the years, which actually bothers me when they happen, but I have to look really hard in bright lighting to see them. But no serious drops to speak of.

That said, I always make sure to purchase at least one case for really active days or traveling.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've had the polar opposite experience. My work iPhone X has been in a hard case the entire time yet somehow has a few very tiny nicks on the metal frame. Apparently others have the same issue if you search YouTube. The Samsungs I've owned seem to scratch much less easily. It takes a legit drop to do it.

Same here on my iPhone x silver its surgical stanless steel the frame around it , I just buff it out with little polish compound back to new.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I always use a case with a new phone as I'm more likely to drop the now, slightly different shape; especially these lovely greased pigs of Sammy. After six months I may take it off. Meanwhile, I'm really enjoying how they tech21 Evo Check in Shark really makes the blue back pop, maybe even better than the clear case I had first.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Because the phone is so slippery I use a clear case while at work so as not to drop it when I'm in the warehouse. Otherwise I use it naked.

Rugbylad2801

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the Google Pixel 2XL, I wish I could rock it without a case. It feels so nice I hand without one, however the matte finish makes it far too slippy, it would drop out of my hand do easily, especially if bumped into in public. Instead I use a apugen slim fit case, solely for grip.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I use the official Samsung thin cases for every phone. They're the slimmest I've ever found. They have cutouts for the buttons, and their transparency allows you to see the original color of your phone. Clearly (pardon the pun), they don't over heavy protection. It's a good compromise between being able to enjoy the beauty of the design while having some protection. A couple years ago, one of these dropped out of my pocket face down onto concrete. I was shocked to discover that while the slight corner lips were scuffed, my phone was intact.
Samsung Official OEM Clear Cover Transparent for Galaxy S10 and S10+ (Galaxy S10+) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NC1QK9...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6631591

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
After the S6 I rocked all my phones without a case. The most I had on was a dbrand skin and screen protector. With the S10+ I went back to a case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord