anyone thinking of switching to verizon?

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i gave it a thought...but i just can't switch to a cdma provider

i want the flexibility of gsm

i just want them to release a 32gb gsm galaxy nexus..in the u.s

i was going to get the one on newegg but its only 16gb...thats fracking ed...699 for a 16gb phone with no expandable storage

i know cloud storage is the future and all but the network in america at least isnt quite there yet...you cant stream music and videos on the go without buffering lag every now and then

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I went to a Verizon store yesterday afternoon just to see how easy it would be to switch and I would be willing to sing a 2 year contract for this phone. The moment I saw that my bill would go up by about $40 per month I changed my mind.

downtown jewelry bryan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
i hear you, i'd rather have a GSM phone too.

my reasons for switching were because amazon's selling it for about half the price for new customers and with my 20% employee discount, my monthly would only be about $7 more with verizon. then the LTE and better coverage kinda offsets the extra $7. also, that price comparison has 4GB (verizon) vs 2GB (tmobile). i called tmobile TWICE to see if they would give a 10 year customer incentive to stay and they basically gave me a weak rebate offer that anybody could get in a store.

and most of all who knows when the other carriers are gonna get it?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Frankly, ICS has made me fall in love with my Nexus S all over again. It may not be a new phone, but it sure feels like it.

I'm not saying Verizon isn't tempting. If it were cheaper than T-Mobile, or GSM-based, I might well switch over simply for the network, Galaxy Nexus or no Galaxy Nexus. But because it's neither, I've been scared off so far.

..On the other hand, if T-Mobile's service keeps going downhill relative to the other carriers, I might leave them yet. Just not today. :p

brandonyoung

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Unlocked GSM version, and I use it on T-Mobile.

I did the math. And for me, buying the phone outright and staying with T-Mobile was better, even with Amazon's discount.

Here are my numbers, rounded to nearest dollar

for Verizon,
Cost of phone: $150
the cheapest voice plan, 450 minutes Talk & Text: $60
4GB Data plan (2 GB double promo): $30

So that's $150 + ($90 x 24 month contract) = $2310

For T-mobile, comparing 24 months to keep it fair, but It's a month-to-month deal, I can cancel anytime.

Cost of phone: $750
T-Mobile Monthly 4G plan
(100 minutes, unlimited text, 5 GB high speed,
but unlimited data) $30

So that's $750 + ($30 x 24 month) = $1470

So, Verizon would cost $840 more than my current T-mobile cost. Verizon's contract prices kill any discount on the phone.

I only need the 100 minutes, but if you need different plans, you may need to do your own figuring.

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Unlocked GSM version, and I use it on T-Mobile.

I did the math. And for me, buying the phone outright and staying with T-Mobile was better, even with Amazon's discount.

Here are my numbers, rounded to nearest dollar

for Verizon,
Cost of phone: $150
the cheapest voice plan, 450 minutes Talk & Text: $60
4GB Data plan (2 GB double promo): $30

So that's $150 + ($90 x 24 month contract) = $2310

For T-mobile, comparing 24 months to keep it fair, but It's a month-to-month deal, I can cancel anytime.

Cost of phone: $750
T-Mobile Monthly 4G plan
(100 minutes, unlimited text, 5 GB high speed,
but unlimited data) $30

So that's $750 + ($30 x 24 month) = $1470

So, Verizon would cost $840 more than my current T-mobile cost. Verizon's contract prices kill any discount on the phone.

I only need the 100 minutes, but if you need different plans, you may need to do your own figuring.

well for me i need nights and weekend talking so my plan costs 70 bucks on tmobile so it ends up being the same.

but the thing is...in my area i hear verizon blows
everyone uses att and tmobile...some use sprint

and i can roam outside of the u.s with the gsm phone

AND i really want a 32gb phone...i need more space than 16gb
i can fill 16gb fast but not 32(i usually use like 25gb with music and miscellaneous things)

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Switching carriers is rough, I thought about going Verizon to Tmo and buying a Gnex unlocked but it was too much too give up. I get 21% off voice and 20% off data through work plus I am grandfathered into unlimited data so it seemed like not much to gain.

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Switching carriers is rough, I thought about going Verizon to Tmo and buying a Gnex unlocked but it was too much too give up. I get 21% off voice and 20% off data through work plus I am grandfathered into unlimited data so it seemed like not much to gain.

You should look into it. If it is a big enough company, you may have a T-Mobile discount.

I had grandfathered unlimited and 19% off bill and data with Verizon and i was paying $142 for 2 lines (450min, unlimited text).
With T-mobile I still get a 10% discount and I'm paying $106 for 2 lines. And that's with 1000min unlimited text and unlimited (2GB @ fauxG) data.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
You should look into it. If it is a big enough company, you may have a T-Mobile discount.

I had grandfathered unlimited and 19% off bill and data with Verizon and i was paying $142 for 2 lines (450min, unlimited text).
With T-mobile I still get a 10% discount and I'm paying $106 for 2 lines. And that's with 1000min unlimited text and unlimited (2GB @ fauxG) data.

I probably should have but now I have this spiffy new Verizon phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mouseidt

Banned
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Never Verizon. I hate that company. Sure they have good service but every other aspect of that company is butt crack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

where do we go to find out if the company provides discount?

i googled it and couldnt find out

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
where do we go to find out if the company provides discount?

i googled it and couldnt find out

I just signed up and left sprint for tmobile and i just called my local tmobile store ans they told me. By the way i love tmobile. My speeds range between 6mbps and 16mbps

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59