Anyone try the FH13 leak?

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about this stuff but I saw many others were getting the su problem. It seemed to be more about su than your oc. I got the wifi disconnect on kies fh13:(

What is your wi-fi config? Seems all the reported troubles so far have been layered security...

Sent from my SPH-D710

scout12345

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I am currently running downloaded XDA FF18 with root. I probably should have done the full restore at the time, but instead I used the No Data version. Since then my phone is working so so, though experiencing some of the common issues, battery drainage and such. I have all these questions swirling around in my head, and was just hoping I might be able to get a quick yay or nay here:

1. If I am rooted, I can't do a factory reset from the system menu on the phone, correct?
2. If I use the autoinstaller to remove root, could I then do a factory reset?
3. Will I get the FH13 OTA if I am on the rooted FF18?
4. Can I install the FH13 OTA, or use the Kies method, or download the one click rooted FH13 right on top of my current FF18 rooted build?

PS. I think I am just grappling with steps here. I'm interested in checking out the FH13, but really want to do it with a factory reset this time.

Thanks!

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
1) Not recommended - but you can download a custom recovery (like Agat68's from XDA) that is made safe from the eMMC bug.
2) Again, it's not anything to do with root or not. It's how ICS does an erase. Samsung swears up and down that stock is safe.. but I agree with Entropy512 of XDA and don't fully trust it.
3) Yes
4) Yes to all of the above - or you can try FH23 as well. But will recommend doing the full restore. (See my post in ROMs, Rooting & Hacks)

Reactions: scout12345

billy54554

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Did the bluetooth problems get fixed? That is one of the biggest annoyances for me with FF18

Dr.

Bluetooth is 100% better. Ive had the FH13 since Monday and have not had a problem connecting to any bluetooth device and it stays connected. Devices will connect automatically now.

chris.moses

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
My wifi isn't turning off when in sleep mode with FH13 killing my battery. It worked fine on FF18. wifi sleep settings are correct.

On ff18 my wifi would sleep but never resume, so I left WiFi on all the time. After upgrading to FH18 (Kies update) the WiFi would not sleep at all (using the stay on only when plugged in). I powered down and pulled the battery for about five minutes and now the WiFi is sleeping and resuming *correctly*.

Note, I did not clear the cache or do a factory reset, I *only* powered off the phone and pulled the battery for about five minutes. Worth a shot if you haven't tried this already.

I'd say battery life is MUCH better so far than I was getting on ff18.

dasesq

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Battery pull worked for me too
Has it out for just a minute
Phone slept then turned wifi on by itself but only while in keep wifi on while plugged in