anyone using this phone without a case?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Works great.... The only thing I would improve it to give it a rubberized back. It may be a little slippery....no more than without a case except for the sides which are rounded smooth.
I also wish it were titanium color like the chin cap. They have a grey one coming out, but gave it a gold colored chin...at least that's what it showed on the Amazon site

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6178.jpg
    6178.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 57

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just picked one up a few days ago and uses a case to cover all the chin misalignment. But I can't take it. Just took the case off and it feels good

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I keep threatening to, but every time I take the cover off to replace the battery I see the protruding camera and think twice a about it.

I can live with scratches to the exterior, but a cracked camera glass would slay me.

jek48

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I know everyone's got their own preferences, but this phone feels horrible to me without a case. It's very slippery and the back cover has some sort of odd grainy-but-not-exactly-grainy feel to it. It feels like I'm just going to throw it at any moment. It doesn't really matter so much to me as I've always used cases. My favorite phone without its case was definitely the Galaxy S5.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I have a carbon fiber dBrand skin on mine to protect against scratches and scuffs.

I also have two very minimal cases to protect it somewhat if I drop it. They're both identical. One's black and the other one is clear so as to show off the phone.

I like it best case-less. It feels so good in the hand. So... Premium. So unplasticy.

I just love the look of this phone so much better compared to the S7/E. It's different. I like different.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I have always had cases on most of my smart phones except the palm treo, the first one I got.
I have had otter boxes and a few other brands I can't recall. Otter box is too bulky and the outer soft part gets loose and comes off, that'd be what happened with my galaxy s3. I got a Uag case to replace it and have only bought those since. Had one on my S5 and got one for the G5, I will probably never use it with out from day one.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a slim TPU case I bought from Amazon.
I've always used cases on my smart phones since the first Palm Treo. We pay too much for these devices to not protect them.
(and yeah, I have the insurance on my devices, but still, the deductible isn't cheap)

woofster

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I know everyone's got their own preferences, but this phone feels horrible to me without a case. It's very slippery and the back cover has some sort of odd grainy-but-not-exactly-grainy feel to it. It feels like I'm just going to throw it at any moment. It doesn't really matter so much to me as I've always used cases. My favorite phone without its case was definitely the Galaxy S5.

I like the feel of the phone without the case but I have to admit that I, too, find it rather "slippery" in my hands when naked. It's rather smooth and slim. I feel as though a slight tilt in my hands might actually result in the phone slipping right out. Aside from that, I love the phone though!

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Haven't had the time to order a case yet as I just bought the phone yesterday but I was considering not picking one up at all but I also can't risk dropping it as I desperately need my phone for work. My Note 4 definitely wasn't cutting it anymore. A strong, sim as possible wallet case would be perfect but it's nearly impossible to find something like that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whytefrank