AOD Brightness

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I went from a 22U to a 24U. You could adjust the brightness on the AOD screen.

Has anyone found a way to adjust the brightness for the new 24U AOD screen?

Reactions: phone-a-holic

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe they took that ability away unless there is something in Good Lock that allows it
Ugh. That's what I thought. That's not cool. For example, I listen to a lot of stuff on tunein. You can see it on the AOD screen, barely. Now I can barely see the controls to fast forward, rewind or whatever because it's so dim and I can barely see it. Who on Earth thought not having a brightness control is a good idea?

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for posting this topic. Was frustrated yesterday when trying to dim the brightness on my AOD. Looks like they took the feature away that allowed us to adjust it. Hopefully they can add it in a future software update.

Reactions: J Dubbs and mgloss

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for posting this topic. Was frustrated yesterday when trying to dim the brightness on my AOD. Looks like they took the feature away that allowed us to adjust it. Hopefully they can add it in a future software update.
Yeah, they took out auto brightness

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: J Dubbs

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Ok something I just noticed. The brightness of the AOD is now dependent on the type of lighting/sunlight your phone is around. In a brighter room or environment, the AOD will be brighter. When you go into a darker area it dims.

Reactions: Stanley Kubrick

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
With the iphone AOD shuts off completely in a dark room which is likely a real pain. And one can't adjust the AOD brightness with Pixel devices either.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
We already knew that iPhones and Pixels kinda suck though... the question is, why did Samsung decide to mimmick their suckage...
Samsung did a lot of mimicking apple

Gray color is very similar to iPhones

Sides are similar

Screen is now all of a sudden flat

Titanium frame

Went to 5X camera

AOD wallpaper displayed

That's this year. I understand they mimick each other but Samsung seems to be doing more, on the looks anyway. At least on the AOD it doesn't turn off at night like the iPhone, I like using it as my alarm clock and Samsung has screen burn in protection.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Sides are similar

Titanium frame

Went to 5X camera

AOD wallpaper displayed

That's this year. I understand they mimick each other but Samsung seems to be doing more, on the looks anyway. At least on the AOD it doesn't turn off at night like the iPhone, I like using it as my alarm clock and Samsung has screen burn in protection.
It's true. I don't think Samsung realise that a lot of it's users don't consider themselves temporarily embarassed iPhone users... It's why they will continue to lose market share.

I use the Standby mode pro app for my nightstand/bedside table... only things they aren't copying from Apple is the stuff that's actually good.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Mine is too. I personally like the color icon notifications.
I also like them... I'm starting to think updating to 6.1 when it rolls out for my phone may not be an upgrade... I'm hearing a fair amount of negatives that seem to be coming with it 😯

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Ok something I just noticed. The brightness of the AOD is now dependent on the type of lighting/sunlight your phone is around. In a brighter room or environment, the AOD will be brighter. When you go into a darker area it dims.
I thought that's the way it has been for some time? Even my Z Fold 3 has had that.

I noticed that feature is present on my Galaxy Watch 6 Classic and thought that was really nice update that either didn't exist on previous versions or it didn't work well enough that I noticed.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Sides are similar

Titanium frame

Went to 5X camera

AOD wallpaper displayed

I am using AOD for the very first time but I have mine set to only show when I get a notification so the brightness is not an issue with me. I still wish I could make a longer adjustment to the edge lighting. Even the Good Lock module does not help in this area. Sigh!😞

Reactions: J Dubbs

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am using AOD for the very first time but I have mine set to only show when I get a notification so the brightness is not an issue with me. I still wish I could make a longer adjustment to the edge lighting. Even the Good Lock module does not help in this area. Sigh!
I have mine set to always display. It uses around 5% battery all day, I'm ok with that. At night it's on a stand up wireless charger and I like to see the time if I wake up during the night.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54