API Testing uses Postman

suchin97

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
Currently there are many tools to support API testing. Must include Jmeter, Curl, Postman ..... In today's article, I will learn about Postman, how to install and use it in API testing.

a5de9a7b-e312-40d5-9c0c-51d394f7e042.png
See more about tester: https://testerprovn.com/

What is API? Why test API?

API (Application Programming Interface) we can simply understand it is the middleware between Client and Server allowing them to talk to each other.

For example, when you use facebook or send a text message or check the weather on your mobile phone, you are using the API.

In the API, a protocol is often used for the client and the server to communicate with each other. In which the main protocol is HTTP. And the API is built on two main components: Request and Reponse.

A request usually uses 4 main methods:

GET to query the object
POST to create a new object
PUT to modify or replace an object
DELETE to remove an object
Each of the above methods must be called through by the API to tell the server what to do.

Why test API?
During project implementation, the server and client parts are independent of each other, so there are many places the client has not finished yet, I cannot wait for the client to finish to test the data, but test the API with another tool -> Now the test is completely client independent.

Even when the client is done, if I test on the client and find the error related to logic and data, I also need to test the API to know exactly if the server is wrong or the client is wrong -> fix the error will be faster.

When doing a web services system, my project only writes APIs for other parties to use, I will not have a client to test like other projects -> must test the API completely.

If you want to learn about software testing courses, leave your comments below.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the General News forum to the Software Development forum for more specific traffic.