App drawer updated to run vertically?

Jocacor

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My friend's 2014 Moto X PE, Android 5.1, running on Cricket has a vertically scrolling app drawer as opposed to the horizontal version. He says this changed last night, but he never installed an OS update. As a matter of fact, he still has not installed the Stagefright update. Any ideas? I have the same phone running on T-Mo and have not seen that change.

Posted via the Android Central App

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's something that is changed with the launcher, not necessarily a system update -- is your friend using the stock (Google Now) launcher or a different one? I use Nova Launcher, so my app drawer behaves however I want.

Jocacor

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Found an articles about it (link below). It has to do with an update to the Google App. Thanks for replying.

m.gsmarena.com/google_app_update_on_android_brings_marshmallow_ap p_drawer_homescreen_search-blog-14094.php

Posted via the Android Central App

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got this update today, I don't like it. Being forced to scroll vertically through your entire list of apps is very annoying compared to the old quick flick left/right. Also searching for an app by typing for it is slow and cumbersome, something straight out of a desktop OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci