Question App show me your device is rooted but it's not

Ginisis

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello,
So this is my first time posting a Thread,
2 days ago all sudden I was Playing Farlight 84 on my OnePlus 6t, and it show me error that your device is rooted, I never seen of heard of this before, and I only know about rooting but my device is not rooted that much I knew,

These are the things I already done in 2 days,
Root checker app show your device is not probably tooted,
Root and safety net checker app say your device is not rooted,
And there was another app that I forget name, it shows # and numbers to help to understand if the device is rooted or not and even that app say my device is not rooted,

I try turning of Developers option but nothing happened,
And also I already checked on play store that my device is certified,
I hope my English is good enough to explain my problem,

Ginisis

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Has this always been your phone, or did you get it from someone else? If you bought it yourself, was it used or refurbished?
Thank you,
I bought this phone from local market here, and it was stuck on Android version 9, OnePlus 6T can't be update from settings, it has to be updated with manually with app, so I updated it myself, and this might be why this game confused somehow, I also checked there are no app that could be rooted app, like Magisk and other one called box or something, sorry I forget things name very quickly 😅

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From what you describe, the phone could be running a custom ROM, which might also require the phone to be rooted (which the previous owner certainly could've done).

Ginisis

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
From what you describe, the phone could be running a custom ROM, which might also require the phone to be rooted (which the previous owner certainly could've do

From what you describe, the phone could be running a custom ROM, which might also require the phone to be rooted (which the previous owner certainly could've done).
Custom ROM? So what's that mean, and what should I do to fix this issue

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A custom ROM is firmware designed for a specific phone that's tweaked to have more features, or allows the phone to have a higher version of Android than what it got officially. For example, the OnePlus 6T's highest official Android version was 11 (with the highest OxygenOS version being 11.1.2.2: https://www.androidpolice.com/oneplus-6-and-6t-eol/. If your phone has a higher version of OxygenOS/Android, then it's a custom ROM. Phones typically have to be rooted in order to install a custom ROM.

To restore to the stock ROM and unroot the phone, see if this helps: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-unroot-my-one-plus-6t-to-stock.3932852/

Reactions: Ginisis

Ginisis

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
A custom ROM is firmware designed for a specific phone that's tweaked to have more features, or allows the phone to have a higher version of Android than what it got officially. For example, the OnePlus 6T's highest official Android version was 11 (with the highest OxygenOS version being 11.1.2.2: https://www.androidpolice.com/oneplus-6-and-6t-eol/. If your phone has a higher version of OxygenOS/Android, then it's a custom ROM. Phones typically have to be rooted in order to install a custom ROM.

To restore to the stock ROM and unroot the phone, see if this helps: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-unroot-my-one-plus-6t-to-stock.3932852/
Now this makes lots of sense to me, and yes I myself update my android version when I bought the phone, and it was stuck on Android 9, so basically the I used custom rom to update the lates version,
So this restore and unroot process will turn my device to it's original version (Android version 9)?
And if the answer is yes, then I really don't want to do that because I will lose lots of editing apps,,
Btw I don't understand one this, the costume rom make my device become rooted right,
Then why I don't see any root options,
I try magisk but didn't see any root access option,,
What I'm trying to say is that if I can access the root then I will be able to hide the root access from the game permission so the problem will be fix right?
And I don't want to go back to my older version so please suggest me some other way around

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not well-versed in the whole rooting/ROM thing. I know @mustang7757 has a more recent OnePlus phone, so maybe he can weigh in. You may also want to check the forums at XDA-Developers.com, which is usually a better resource for this kind of thing.

Ginisis

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not well-versed in the whole rooting/ROM thing. I know @mustang7757 has a more recent OnePlus phone, so maybe he can weigh in. You may also want to check the forums at XDA-Developers.com, which is usually a better resource for this kind of thing.
Well thanks alot, I never used forum before, I mean never posted before, I hope @mmustang see this post and help me out, I will check out XDA website and see if I get any kind of help,
I deleted so many apps from my device to only fix this issue but nothing happened 😔

Reactions: B. Diddy

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well thanks alot, I never used forum before, I mean never posted before, I hope @mmustang see this post and help me out, I will check out XDA website and see if I get any kind of help,
I deleted so many apps from my device to only fix this issue but nothing happened 😔
Hello
Im skim reading this post , did you ever unlock the bootloader? This device you bought 2nd hand or original owner? Sorry if its been answered but didn't read everything

Ginisis

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello
Im skim reading this post , did you ever unlock the bootloader? This device you bought 2nd hand or original owner? Sorry if its been answered but didn't read everything
Hello skim, it's okay if u didn't read everything, I can explain anything you ask again,,
I didn't know what bootloader is before, and I still don't know the purpose of bootloader other then it can be access through developers option, and no before I never touched boot load because I didn't knew it even exist, but recently after having this issue I first though maybe my phone is rooted and I red about it and even checked it with root checker app and it says your device is not probably rooted,, and after that I learned about Magisk and then I try to check on magisk if my device is rooted but again I find out there no such app on my device and I couldn't access module or whatever they are because It recuired rooted phone,
Around this time I learn about boot load and I don't remember exactly what was the reason but some one writed that if your bootloader show some setting that'seam ur devices rooted, and that's when I unlocked bootloader from developers option and then checked it only, I didn't see anything other then restart your phone and another option which I forgotten, but I restart my phone and then turn off developers option,
As a reminder for you if I made you confused with my English, I did checked bootloader only after I have this issue,,
And I bought this phone in local market, not official store, because we don't have official store here, and I did update my OnePlus with official OnePlus app,,

Reactions: mustang7757

Ginisis

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
Okay guys there something I just learned is that many people are facing problem with one plus Oxygen 11 update, this update was released before I bought the phone and it seems like the update making this issue, after updating many people faced problem with banking app which I don't even what that is to be honest 😅😅,,
But I'm sure it pretty important app for bank, and I though this all happening because of root,
The post I found in OnePlus community official site and it's from 2021, so its around the same time the update was released, and I hope people did found a fix or OnePlus provided some kind of fix to this issue,
But any help from anyone is always welcome here

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay guys there something I just learned is that many people are facing problem with one plus Oxygen 11 update, this update was released before I bought the phone and it seems like the update making this issue, after updating many people faced problem with banking app which I don't even what that is to be honest 😅😅,,
But I'm sure it pretty important app for bank, and I though this all happening because of root,
The post I found in OnePlus community official site and it's from 2021, so its around the same time the update was released, and I hope people did found a fix or OnePlus provided some kind of fix to this issue,
But any help from anyone is always welcome here
Usually what could cause Bank apps and such say it's rooted is developer settings on /bootloader unlock but usually need a computer to finish the task not just enable OEM in Developer settings.

This device is no longer supported so if a fix is available like you mentioned from a software update I'm not sure as you would have to follow One plus community or XDA for a solution.

Ginisis

Jun 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello again, I'm here to update the situation if someone end up in this same situation please don't the mistakes I did,,
After I try everything in the end I find out my phone was not rooted and the problem is with OnePlus 6T Android 11 finally update, and I didn't find any fix because as far I know there is no official fix released,
But because of all this I end deciding to roll back my device to Android 9 which is build in version of one pluse at least it was for me when I bought it,
But this is where I mad a mistake and I almost end up getting into big trouble but I'm sure it won't be issue for many people here since mostly people have PC,
So after I try to downgrade my device I end up installing the wrong version of build in Android version, and by wrong version I mean is that if u going to downgrade your device u must have to know what is your device full name in my case it's OnePlus 6T A6030 and u must have to install the same version of rollback to your device or otherwise you will be stuck with a brick phone showing error ""Build version and HW version are not match""
But it's still fixable only if u have PC and some tools which are extremely expansive where I live,,
I don't have a PC so it became a very big issue to me and I had to rely on the market which basically fix these kind of things, but the problem is that many of these guys don't even know what they are doing and because of that they end up causing more damage then fix it,,
I had to go through floor after floors and after leaving my device in the hand of so many guys I finally able to find one guy in the market who actually knew why this error is there,
If I just gave my phone to first guy or any others then I'm sure I won't be writing this since my phone would be dead after being exprimented by some idiot who call them self softwhere engineer,,
Any way after this guy told me why I'm seeing this error I finally felt relief and ask him to fix my device and which he did!!
I can't say how much this mad me happy since buying a phone like this in my country was just way ahead of normal working class guy like me , but what is the most strangest thing is that this guy who fix my phone actually also didn't know much either, after my device is on I find out now my device is T-Mobile and also it's only single sim, I used duol sim before but now I can't and also my device is full of stupid T-Mobile apps,
I ask him what's this and he had no idea and he didn't even believe me when I said my device is not T-Mobile, I'm sure he just only learn to fix this issue by watching YouTube videos and doing expremints on customers device, which is a very common thing here,,
So after all that now I end up with T-Mobile version of build or whatever it is called inside my phone and also it's not Android 9 but it's Android 10 and also showing me update notifications,,
And of course I'm toattly find with T-Mobile version and I will also ignored the update since I wanted my phone to be fix and its fix now,,,
I hope this might help anyone who is new like me and don't own PC or laptop, and don't make the same mistakes I did,
And I know the error I got it's not a very big issue but again not having PC make it a huge a problem because they people who tell you they can fix this in the market also ask ur permission to work on ur device and there is chance your device will be fix or it will be dead so they will ask for ur approval to fck up ur device,,
I'm from Pakistan and this is how it is here so please don't give ur device to any market guy who doesn't know ****,, do ur own research and then ask all the question to the guy before giving ur hard earn phone,,,

And thank you everyone here for answering me and guiding me and please ur welcome it correct me about anything I said if I'm wrong about anything and make it easier for others to understand, and I would also love to know what is this T-Mobile thing happning to me and how is this even possible,,

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello again, I'm here to update the situation if someone end up in this same situation please don't the mistakes I did,,
After I try everything in the end I find out my phone was not rooted and the problem is with OnePlus 6T Android 11 finally update, and I didn't find any fix because as far I know there is no official fix released,
But because of all this I end deciding to roll back my device to Android 9 which is build in version of one pluse at least it was for me when I bought it,
But this is where I mad a mistake and I almost end up getting into big trouble but I'm sure it won't be issue for many people here since mostly people have PC,
So after I try to downgrade my device I end up installing the wrong version of build in Android version, and by wrong version I mean is that if u going to downgrade your device u must have to know what is your device full name in my case it's OnePlus 6T A6030 and u must have to install the same version of rollback to your device or otherwise you will be stuck with a brick phone showing error ""Build version and HW version are not match""
But it's still fixable only if u have PC and some tools which are extremely expansive where I live,,
I don't have a PC so it became a very big issue to me and I had to rely on the market which basically fix these kind of things, but the problem is that many of these guys don't even know what they are doing and because of that they end up causing more damage then fix it,,
I had to go through floor after floors and after leaving my device in the hand of so many guys I finally able to find one guy in the market who actually knew why this error is there,
If I just gave my phone to first guy or any others then I'm sure I won't be writing this since my phone would be dead after being exprimented by some idiot who call them self softwhere engineer,,
Any way after this guy told me why I'm seeing this error I finally felt relief and ask him to fix my device and which he did!!
I can't say how much this mad me happy since buying a phone like this in my country was just way ahead of normal working class guy like me , but what is the most strangest thing is that this guy who fix my phone actually also didn't know much either, after my device is on I find out now my device is T-Mobile and also it's only single sim, I used duol sim before but now I can't and also my device is full of stupid T-Mobile apps,
I ask him what's this and he had no idea and he didn't even believe me when I said my device is not T-Mobile, I'm sure he just only learn to fix this issue by watching YouTube videos and doing expremints on customers device, which is a very common thing here,,
So after all that now I end up with T-Mobile version of build or whatever it is called inside my phone and also it's not Android 9 but it's Android 10 and also showing me update notifications,,
And of course I'm toattly find with T-Mobile version and I will also ignored the update since I wanted my phone to be fix and its fix now,,,
I hope this might help anyone who is new like me and don't own PC or laptop, and don't make the same mistakes I did,
And I know the error I got it's not a very big issue but again not having PC make it a huge a problem because they people who tell you they can fix this in the market also ask ur permission to work on ur device and there is chance your device will be fix or it will be dead so they will ask for ur approval to fck up ur device,,
I'm from Pakistan and this is how it is here so please don't give ur device to any market guy who doesn't know ****,, do ur own research and then ask all the question to the guy before giving ur hard earn phone,,,

And thank you everyone here for answering me and guiding me and please ur welcome it correct me about anything I said if I'm wrong about anything and make it easier for others to understand, and I would also love to know what is this T-Mobile thing happning to me and how is this even possible,,
Sounds like you flashed it to a TMobile variant