Apple Airtag tracking question

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
We recently put an Apple Airtag on an outside cat's collar to help find out where it goes in case it gets lost. My wife has an iPhone and she can easily find the tracker on it. I have an Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 10), but was told by an Apple rep that the Google Playstore app called Tracker Detect works good enough to find the tracker.

However, after installing that app, even with the Airtag on my desk, the app can't find it.

Has anyone used an Apple Airtag with an Android phone, and what app works for it ?

Let me know, and thank you in advance !

trucker3573

May 1, 2019
Visit site
As far as I know an AirTag can only be associated with one iCloud account. They aren’t gps anyway. They operate off Bluetooth to your phone and your phone uses gps. When the AirTag loses Bluetooth connectivity with the account holders phone the tracking ability is gone.

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
So that Android app Tracker Detect would only work for my Note 10 if the Airtag had not been registered to my wife's iPhone ?

To clarify, I don't have an iPhone or a iCloud account.

Does anyone know of an app I can use that will let me Find that Airtag that will get around any Apple restrictions about an Android phone looking for the Airtag ?

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
AirTags are specifically designed to NOT work with Android devices. The best you will get is a simple bluetooth device that can beep when you press a button on your phone.

It isn't correct that they lose their location when they are out of BT range with the iPhone they are paired to. They can ping any iOS device to let the Apple Find My network know where they are, and Apple do not let anyone else access that networks data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara