Apple Fan Boy.

djnshores

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
"It feels like holding a sheet of plywood." That's a reasonably accurate analogy. My son has an iPad 2 and it is a great device. But its size, weight, and price don't work for me. The Nexus 7 is perfect for my use and the price is right. I have a lot of fun and useful apps. Android 4.1 on the Nexus is very responsive and it has the right amount of hardware.

I think the Nexus makes a good case for Apple to come out with a 7 or 8 inch mini iPad.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I picked one up at Staples the other day. (I mean, I literally lifted it up - I haven't bought it... yet!) I was blown away by how light it was. I own an iPad 1 - which I bought around launch day before it really had competition - and it's not really a good size for every day commuting. Plus, as much as I want to like iOS, it's just not for me. I'll definitely choose this, or something like it, over the iPad Mini when Christmas rolls around.;)

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean. For me, iOS hasn't really changed much since day one, it's getting a bit boring now! To be honest, if they just opened it up a bit there wouldn't be as much jailbreaking going on....doubt it'll happen though.

I know what you mean, but I understand why they keep a tight reign on some things. But when it comes to something like mouse support not being available. I think that's ridiculous. I had to jailbreak just to get a bluetooth mouse working. And Bluetooth is a standard so I'm not sure what the deal is there.

garry1bowie

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean, but I understand why they keep a tight reign on some things. But when it comes to something like mouse support not being available. I think that's ridiculous. I had to jailbreak just to get a bluetooth mouse working. And Bluetooth is a standard so I'm not sure what the deal is there.

Yeah, don't get that either, especially when that's what I'd call the basics?!

Jwhite898

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh